ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Listing absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stephenc
Newly Registered

Spouse visa ILR application absenses

Post by stephenc » Wed May 20, 2020 12:01 pm

Hi.

My wife is due to apply for ILR in April 2021. I am British and she is Brazilian. The problem is she is going to have to travel to Brazil (family issues due to covid) in September and probably wont come back till February/March whilst I stay in the UK. We also went for a 6 month holiday together in 2018 so those are extra days in absense.

The rest of the time we have been living/working together in the UK since 2015 with proof...

Will absense from the uk for so long be a problem? Ive read that if you are applying for ILR via Spouse visa route absense is not a problem. what are the limits? Is it a problem I will be staying in the UK (due to work)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse visa ILR application absenses

Post by CR001 » Wed May 20, 2020 12:06 pm

There is NO absence limit for spouse visa holders.

You do however have to submit evidence of cohabitation for the last two years for ILR, from 3 to 6 sources in both names.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stephenc
Newly Registered

Post by stephenc » Thu May 21, 2020 1:32 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the absence limit you talk about. I am still in doubt about this information you provided:

"You do however have to submit evidence of cohabitation for the last two years for ILR, from 3 to 6 sources in both names."

What about the time my wife will spend away. About 6-7 months. She will be in Brazil and I will be in the UK. I was also thinking about the possibility of me visiting my parents while she is away and in order to save money, we would stop renting our flat currently. That means that for the last 7 months prior to her application we wont have any proof of cohabitation. Will that be a problem? Does this mean we are required to rent a flat in our names no matter what for this period?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu May 21, 2020 2:27 pm

stephenc wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:32 pm
Thank you for your reply.

I understand the absence limit you talk about. I am still in doubt about this information you provided:

"You do however have to submit evidence of cohabitation for the last two years for ILR, from 3 to 6 sources in both names."

What about the time my wife will spend away. About 6-7 months. She will be in Brazil and I will be in the UK. I was also thinking about the possibility of me visiting my parents while she is away and in order to save money, we would stop renting our flat currently. That means that for the last 7 months prior to her application we wont have any proof of cohabitation. Will that be a problem? Does this mean we are required to rent a flat in our names no matter what for this period?
Many private renter keep trying similar experiments with the hope to save rent but unfortunately later trapped in uninvited complications which offset their saving. Yes 6-7 months without cohabitation evidences will certainly affect.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

stephenc
Newly Registered

Listing absences

Post by stephenc » Sat May 23, 2020 6:15 pm

I am filling out the ILR form online and I have a question about the time spent outside the uk.

I have a spouse visa...

It asks me to list all the absences more than 2 weeks. I went on holiday with my husband for about 6 months and visited about 6 countries starting from Guernsey and ending in Greece before returning to the UK. The question I have is how to input this data since the first input is the country and has a return date to the uk. Should I just input the first country outside the uk and explain below or should I input all of them with the same return date?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Listing absences

Post by CR001 » Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 pm

Topics merged!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

stephenc
Newly Registered

Post by stephenc » Fri May 29, 2020 4:47 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 pm
Topics merged!!
I am still in doubt as to if and how to fill in the information about absences. Does this mean I dont have to fill in this information? If I need to, then how can I input this long holiday break spanning across 6 months and different countries?

Thanks

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Fri May 29, 2020 9:33 pm

stephenc wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 4:47 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sat May 23, 2020 6:32 pm
Topics merged!!
I am still in doubt as to if and how to fill in the information about absences. Does this mean I dont have to fill in this information? If I need to, then how can I input this long holiday break spanning across 6 months and different countries?

Thanks
Write a cover letter and attach to your application detailing your journey and the dates from UK to A- B -C -UK etc.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.