ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Revoking British citizen due to lack of CSI

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daniann
Algeria

Revoking British citizen due to lack of CSI

Post by Daniann » Sun May 24, 2020 11:34 am

Me ( no EU) and my wife ( EU) both had our brutish citizenship 2 years ago .
When we applied for PR on 2016/2017 my wife at that time dosnt have CSI , however HO didn’t ask me ( I was family member of EU) or my wife to provide CSI, and when we applied for BC again the HO didn’t request CSI at that time .
Now we both British since 2018 .

Due to the new HO update , EU need to have CSI in order to apply for BC, my question is :
Do you think the HO will revoke our citizenship as my wife dosnt have CSI at the time when we applied for BC? Despite the fact that at that time CSI wasn’t required for PR or BC ?

I know it’s silly question, but honestly I don’t trust HO ....
thank you

castorp
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Revoking British citizen due to lack of CSI

Post by castorp » Sun May 24, 2020 11:48 am

I don't know the details of the law on this, but revoking someone's citizenship is an extreme measure and I would guess that it would require something extraordinary to happen and fall under some special legal treatment, such as anti-terrorist legislation. In other words, I'd not worry about it because of the past lack of the CSI :).

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun May 24, 2020 11:51 am

Thank you ,
To be honest with you , all what did you say is correct and I am aware about that .
Am %100 sure it’s not happening.. but honestly and honestly I can you tell you , never ever trust the HO and we don’t know what they will come up within the next few years ..

hermanthegerman
Germany

Post by hermanthegerman » Sun May 24, 2020 12:10 pm

You only need CSI if were not working so if you had been working for 5 years before applying this does not apply to you.

Even if you did not have CSI it is extremely unlikely that citizenship would be revoked as you would have to have acted deceitfully in order for this to happen which you have not.

My understanding is that citizenship is yours unless in the future you commit a terror offence or the home office can proof you gained it by deceit.

castorp
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by castorp » Sun May 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Sure, but the HO has to work within the boundaries of the law, at least for now :lol:. And stripping people off their citizenships would be an abrupt change of policy. I would say that it would be the end of civic society as we know it. Sure, maybe it can happen some time in the future, but I do not believe it is a near future and even if it happens, the lack of CSI is way down on the list of things they could consider as reason enough to take away someone's citizenship...

Daniann
Algeria

Post by Daniann » Sun May 24, 2020 12:27 pm

Yes I agree with that and it’s correct , the only reason I wrote this it’s just because I saw the HO keep changing the requirements for EU citizen even if it’s not included within the withdrawal agreement..
I have been in uk for 14 years , I just don’t trust HO at all ..
it’s just my experience..
however, it was just thought 💭..
thank you