ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My husband’s employer won’t write him a letter of verification of employment!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Triciaanne
Newly Registered
Uganda

My husband’s employer won’t write him a letter of verification of employment!!!!

Post by Triciaanne » Sun May 24, 2020 10:30 pm

Hey guys! :) So my husband and I are working on my spouse visa and we have been doing great with putting together the documents we need but there is one problem, my husband’s employer won’t write him a letter of verification of employment or provide him with his pay slips.Why? Because they keep saying we need to provide them with an address to put on the letter or else they are not doing it.We have contacted them several times explaining the purpose of the letter and that they do not need to write any address on it but just to put it on the company’s headed paper. But they insist and refuse to provide us with the documents.We are frustrated and confused.And what is even more annoying is that he can’t talk to anyone personally but only on phone or through email because he needs to get these documents from the head office of the company he works for and not the actually office where he goes to work everyday. These people just keep saying the same thing over and over. Do we just not understand what they are saying to us ? If so, someone please explain it to me. Has this happened to anyone before and how did you go about it?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: My husband’s employer won’t write him a letter of verification of employment!!!!

Post by seagul » Sun May 24, 2020 11:02 pm

Triciaanne wrote:
Sun May 24, 2020 10:30 pm
? Because they keep saying we need to provide them with an address to put on the letter or else they are not doing it.We have contacted them several times explaining the purpose of the letter and that they do not need to write any address on it but just to put it on the company’s headed paper. But they insist and refuse to provide us with the documents.We are frustrated and confused
I think employer is acting legitimately because most employers don't write a letter without knowing the recipient/receiver. Don't frustrate them by excessively pressurizing them over what they aren't allowed/can't perform rather simply request them to address it for "UKVI" .
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

ChugaLuvMe
Malta

Re: My husband’s employer won’t write him a letter of verification of employment!!!!

Post by ChugaLuvMe » Mon May 25, 2020 1:34 am

If it's just an address, have them address it to 2 Marsham Street, SW1P 4DF, London (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2_Marsham_Street)

That's the address of the Home Office HQ.

My idiotic employer wouldn't write me a letter without an address and once I gave them this address they were happy. Address or not - the letter was going straight to me. Idiotic but hey-ho.

Triciaanne
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Triciaanne » Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 am

Thank you so much guys. So about the address to give them, could the one of Sheffield Which is P.O Box 3468, S3 8WA also work or do you strongly advice I use the one you have provided above?

Triciaanne
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Triciaanne » Mon May 25, 2020 8:44 am

Triciaanne wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 8:42 am
Thank you. So about the address to give them, could the one of Sheffield Which is P.O Box 3468, S3 8WA also work or do you strongly advice I use the one you have provided above?

Korekt
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by Korekt » Mon May 25, 2020 10:14 am

You may use the Sheffield address.

Whichever one you use, the difference is the same.
"Facts are sacred. Opinions are free."

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon May 25, 2020 1:33 pm

Never enter into such arguments with a company or an administration. It just leads to frustration and waste of time/energy. The guys have a process to follow and no mater what you say, they won't issue the document without an address. Give them any suitable address they can fill. Sometimes their software won't allow generating a document if all fields are not properly filled.

Triciaanne
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Triciaanne » Mon May 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Korekt wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 10:14 am
You may use the Sheffield address.

Whichever one you use, the difference is the same.
Thank you!

Triciaanne
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Triciaanne » Mon May 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:33 pm
Never enter into such arguments with a company or an administration. It just leads to frustration and waste of time/energy. The guys have a process to follow and no mater what you say, they won't issue the document without an address. Give them any suitable address they can fill. Sometimes their software won't allow generating a document if all fields are not properly filled.
Well it’s a good thing we didn’t get into an argument with them. We just sent emails twice explaining and then we gave up lol. But thank you.