ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child BRP expiring

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Don2611
Newly Registered

Child BRP expiring

Post by Don2611 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:30 am

Hello, this is an odd question.i couldn't find any answers to this on the forum.

My wife and I have ILR. Our 4 year old son has a BRP that will expire in 4 months. We had to get a BRP because of travel

If his BRP expires can he still stay in the country without applying for citizenship OR does he have to get citizenship to stay.

Thank you in advance for your help.

secret.simon

Re: Child BRP expiring

Post by secret.simon » Wed May 27, 2020 4:50 am

Where was your son born? When did your wife and you acquire ILR? What kind of leave to remain does he hold on his BRP?

He would need either some form of leave to remain or citizenship to reside in the UK legally.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Don2611
Newly Registered

Re: Child BRP expiring

Post by Don2611 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:24 am

The was born in the UK. We got ILR after he was born. He has a tier 2 dependants visa BRP.