ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Anyone has experience with joint applications?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

CharlotteYorkG
Newly Registered
Mood:
Mexico

Anyone has experience with joint applications?

Post by CharlotteYorkG » Wed May 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for input from anyone that has experience applying at the same time as their partners?

I'm on a PBS dependant visa, and our plan was for my parter to apply for ILR, wait until it was granted and then I would apply for a PBS extension.

Obviously with the closures, we cannot wait until my partner is granted ILR because my visa would expire before that. So we were thinking of applying at the same time. Since there is a massive document crossover in the two applications, can we apply "together"? Meaning: we each make an online application with UKVI and pay. Then we book two consecutive UKVCAS appointments and go together.

Can this be done? Anyone has experience with this?

Or does he have to apply. Wait for his documents to come back and then I would apply?

Thank you for your advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Anyone has experience with joint applications?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 28, 2020 6:43 am

Since there is a massive document crossover in the two applications, can we apply "together"? Meaning: we each make an online application with UKVI and pay. Then we book two consecutive UKVCAS appointments and go together.
Not sure what "massive document crossover" you are referring to. Ikr and extension have different requirements and documents.
Can this be done? Anyone has experience with this?
Yes you can each make two separate applications. You would need to reference the ilr application. If ilr fails, your application will also fail and all fees will be lost.
Or does he have to apply. Wait for his documents to come back and then I would apply?
No.

You are of course aware that NO documents are posted to HO. Everything is uploaded digitally to the ukcvas portal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.