ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

archshan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

apply for EEA FM)or pre-settle status for partner, who is an asylum seeker

Post by archshan » Tue May 26, 2020 11:02 am

My nationality is Dutch. Currently living in the UK for 3 years with my partner in a sharing house.

We both have bank account statements and mobile phone bills.

We do not have any utility bills because we are living in sharing house(renting a room).

Also my partner does not have his passport with him , because he has submitted to Home office for asylum seeking purpose.

However we were able to get married this year at register office with a certified copy of his passport from home office. I have pre-settled status.

My question is how and what steps do i need to take to apply for European Economic Area Family Member EEA FM or pre-settle status for partner, who is an asylum seeker?

archshan
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Need advice

Post by archshan » Fri May 29, 2020 11:30 am

My nationality is Dutch. Currently living in the UK for 3 years with my partner in a sharing house.

We do not have any utility bills because we are living in sharing house(renting a room).

Also my partner does not have his passport with him , because he has submitted to Home office for asylum seeking purpose.

However we were able to get married this year at register office with a certified copy of his passport from home office. I have pre-settled status.

My question is how and what steps do i need to take to apply for European Economic Area Family Member EEA FM or pre-settle status for partner, who is an asylum seeker?

Cowroast
Newly Registered

Re: Need advice

Post by Cowroast » Fri May 29, 2020 11:13 pm

As you are not married, your partner cannot use the APP for applying pre settled status. Line with you.

I stead you need to submit a EEA EFM (extended family member) application for your partner to be issued a residence card.

The reason that it is an extended family member and not a family member is because you are not married.

The application form is free .. and is the only type of application that still has a paper form (print and complete and post)

Regards

Allan. (Allan . Immigration @ gmail .com

admin1
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by admin1 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:31 pm

archshan wrote:
Fri May 29, 2020 11:30 am

Hi, i would recommend you get your marriage sorted because the amount of evidence you hold wont be qualified as extended family member. it will be refused. so instead get a solicitor to get the passport back and go for the marriage and apply for the eu settlement scheme. you will be saving a lot of time

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Sat May 30, 2020 8:38 am

I am not a believer of an EEA EFM application when the applicant doesn't hold a valid residence/leave in the UK.

Especially in your case, you don't see to have a reasonable amount of documents to demonstrate your relationship.

Mobile phone bills are never accepted as proof of address or proof of anything.

If the relationship is serious enough and genuine, I find it less risky to get married then apply for EEA FM. Marriage in these conditions is not without its challenges but at the end of the day, it will open eligibility to EEA FM.