ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer query / citizenship app

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

King0019

B1 English test

Post by King0019 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:20 pm

Hi everyone,
I’m applying for citizenship in February 2021. I’m hoping to book B1 English test this month at trinity college. I heard this test at trinity college won’t be valid on 7th April onward .
My question is :
If I do the test at trinity college before this day will it be accepted by the home office at the time I will be applying for citizenship in February 2021 ?

Thanks

Resource https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.3.20.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: B1 English test

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:09 pm

I suggest you do a test on the new list.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:16 pm

From my Email to ILPA:

"Colleagues,

I have noted that the Trinity College London English language tests (ALL OF THEM) have been deleted from the most recent UK BA (09-03-2020) Approved secure English language test centres list: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 9.3.20.pdf

So if you look into the list the only IELTS tests are currently accepted.

How nice !

Such a big change overnight without any prior announcement ? Most of my clients are using that test nowadays !

Google search gave no results, too.

<strong>Fear not !</strong>

I called the Trinity College London myself and a bit tired voice of the person at their end confirm that:

- they know about the 09-03-2020 omission of the Trinity College from the List
- their tests are still accepted
- the Home Office has been notified
- the correction of the list is expected ASAP

I hope ILPA some formal input, too.

Thank you."

That said, I will only be happy when the Home Office makes the formal update.

IMMIGRATION LAWYER

Post by IMMIGRATION LAWYER » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:45 pm

From the UK BA:

“Transtional arrangements: We are currently transitioning from the existing list of test centres shown in this document to those shown in a separate document on this website (NB They apparently refer to https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uage-tests)

You will be able to take a test at one of the IELTS SELT Consortium test centres until 7 April 2020. You will be able to book a test at one of the Trinity College London test centres until 7 July 2020.”

It still does not clear the confusion. There is no mentioning of the Trinity College London tests being accepted post the 7th April 2020 in the “2nd documents (see the link above) while the “1st document” suggests that the Trinity College tests can be taken AND accepted by the UK BA as usual.