ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for Biometric replacement months ago, no word

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

aiousfniuasnfioa
Newly Registered
Australia

Applied for Biometric replacement months ago, no word

Post by aiousfniuasnfioa » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:32 am

Hi,

I had lost my biometric residence card and applied for a new one at a ukvcas service point in February, and had not heard anything since then. Chances are the covid situation is causing delays, and technically it did say it might take up to 6 months, but I was wondering if I was supposed to receive any acknowledgement letter from UKVI that my application had been received or is being processed? Or do I just wait and suddenly one day receive the "decision letter"?

I do apologise but I am getting a bit paranoid and I would like the option to visit my parents if they get sick and so on.

Thank you so much.

edit: I apologise I meant to post this on General UK Immigration.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Applied for Biometric replacement months ago, no word

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:14 am

You do not get any acknowledgement letter. It will take around 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice