ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation: counting days away / addresses list

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Naturalisation: counting days away / addresses list

Post by juanpurple » Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello,

I’m planning to apply for citizenship at the end of this year and I have a few questions:

1 - How do you count the days you spend outside of Ireland?
For example:

Leaving Dublin on Friday 11th at 9PM
Arriving at Dublin on Sunday 13th at 9PM

Does this count as 3 days out of the country: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Or are the hours counted and then divided by 24? 2 days

Just wondering what happens when you arrive on a late flight, for example 1 AM, is that counting as a day out of the country?

2 - In the first 5 months of living in Ireland I had a valid Stamp but no addresses registered as I lived in temporary accommodation or at a friend’s house, should I put these addresses in the form anyway although I don’t have proof that I lived there?

Please list all your addresses for the last 9 years if a standard application or 5 years if married to an Irish citizen. Include Irish and overseas addresses.

Appreciate your help with this.

Stanina
Ireland

Re: Naturalisation: counting days away / addresses list

Post by Stanina » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:02 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:39 pm
1 - How do you count the days you spend outside of Ireland?
For example:
Leaving Dublin on Friday 11th at 9PM
Arriving at Dublin on Sunday 13th at 9PM
Does this count as 3 days out of the country: Friday, Saturday, and Sunday? Or are the hours counted and then divided by 24? 2 days
Just wondering what happens when you arrive on a late flight, for example 1 AM, is that counting as a day out of the country?
Appreciate your help with this.
Day of arrival and departure is considered as spent in Ireland. Only th12th one day, will be considered outside Ireland.
Not sure about 2nd question, I have some short stays, month and few months but have some proof for those.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:02 am

Departure and arrival date do not count as absence.

When you register with GNIB to receive your stamp, you must have provided them with an address. Then every time you move home, you are legally required to provide the new address to GNIB. Any addresses that you have provided with GNIB in the past must be included in your application.

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juanpurple » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 pm

thank you both for the responses.
I got my first address the first time I registered. After that, I was living in temporary accommodation (1 month rent, hostels, etc). Unfortunately, I didn't register any of these addresses to GNIB as they were temporal while I was looking for a long term rent place.

Any advice if I should include anyway or not including them at all an leave the gap in the list of addresses?

expatlux
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by expatlux » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:26 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 pm
I got my first address the first time I registered. After that, I was living in temporary accommodation (1 month rent, hostels, etc). Unfortunately, I didn't register any of these addresses to GNIB as they were temporal while I was looking for a long term rent place.

Any advice if I should include anyway or not including them at all an leave the gap in the list of addresses?

You definitely don't want to have any gaps in your address history. As someone above already stated make sure to provide all address you registered with GNIB. In your case, if you only registered one address your options are to only provide that one address, or to list all your actual addresses and hope no one notices/questions the discrepancy. It would be wise to make sure that all addresses on all the documents you are providing as proof of residence plus your driver's license address, etc are all included on your list of addresses.

saragee663
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by saragee663 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:35 pm

juanpurple wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:24 pm

Hey @juanpurple, did you ever end up figuring out what to do about your addresses? I'm in the same boat as you. 4 out of 5 years I've lived here I've lived in the same house, but the first year I was here was a bunch of different temporary accommodations which I didn't register with the GNIB office, so I'm not sure if I need to put all of them down for my Citizenship by Naturalisation application. Any advice on what you did would be greatly appreciated!

juanpurple
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by juanpurple » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi @saragee663, unfourtunately haven't made any progress regarding the addresses. Not sure where to find all the addresses I registered in GNIB with. Have you found any new information?