ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Important- Spouse Visa English Test Requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nchat86
Newly Registered

Important- Spouse Visa English Test Requirement

Post by Nchat86 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am

Hello.
My spouse visa is expiring on 18th July, I booked my A2 test for 2nd June but now its on hold due to Covid-19 outbreak and Trinity College has not provided a new date yet.

I gave GESE B1.1 test on September 2015 and used it for my Entry Clearance in 2017. I read B1 is valid if used in settlement visa even if its expired.

My question is, can I used my B1 test certificate for my spouse visa extension this month if I do not get any A2 test date? I am planning to attach my booking email to application to show I booked but cannot sit on test(HO is well aware of the situation).

My job contract ends on 18th July and will be extended only after visa extension that's why I do not want to wait long.

Can you please advise me on this?
Thank you.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Important- Spouse Visa English Test Requirement

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:07 pm

Nchat86 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:32 am
Hello.
My spouse visa is expiring on 18th July, I booked my A2 test for 2nd June but now its on hold due to Covid-19 outbreak and Trinity College has not provided a new date yet.

I gave GESE B1.1 test on September 2015 and used it for my Entry Clearance in 2017. I read B1 is valid if used in settlement visa even if its expired.

My question is, can I used my B1 test certificate for my spouse visa extension this month if I do not get any A2 test date? I am planning to attach my booking email to application to show I booked but cannot sit on test(HO is well aware of the situation).

My job contract ends on 18th July and will be extended only after visa extension that's why I do not want to wait long.

Can you please advise me on this?
Thank you.
Yes the B1 test can be used as you stated that it was used previously for your successful entry clearance. However, you do need to check that the provider of the exam you did before is still on the HO approved list.

Nchat86
Newly Registered

Post by Nchat86 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm

Hi AmazonianX,

Thank you for your reply.

I gave the GESE Grade 5 from Trinity College London, they are on Home Office's approved list.

So you reckon I can apply for my visa extension now with the B1 test and attach a cover letter to explain further why am I using the old B1 test?

Many thanks for you help.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:38 pm

Nchat86 wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:21 pm
Hi AmazonianX,

Thank you for your reply.

I gave the GESE Grade 5 from Trinity College London, they are on Home Office's approved list.

So you reckon I can apply for my visa extension now with the B1 test and attach a cover letter to explain further why am I using the old B1 test?

Many thanks for you help.
Based on above, no need to be running up and down about A2. Yes, use it whenever you are ready to apply.
Furthermore, your employer still able to keep you on the job if you apply for your extension before expiration of existing leave, the should use HO right to work check to confirm. The conditions of your current visa continues to apply till you get the outcome of the new application you are to put in.