ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Approval letter - Tier1 relation..

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ayazahmed

HSMP Approval letter - Tier1 relation..

Post by ayazahmed » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Hello Guys,

First of all, i thank all the members of this board who are helping others on this forum. Also, because of this forum, i got my HSMP approval letter on 6th June.
I applied in November 2007 for HSMp but it was reject in february and i sent the application for review and i got approval in june.

I still havent applied for visa - EC. I want to apply for EC in April.

Kindly if you guys can tell, do i need to do something extra because of TIER1 ?i.e. i have to apply for HSMP approval again?
Any information regarding this will be really helpful.

Regards
Ayaz

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:50 pm

Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ayazahmed

Post by ayazahmed » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks Guru,
Cant I apply for EC with the HSMP Approval letter? if i dont want to apply for Tier1?

niw2
Member of Standing

Post by niw2 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:16 am

You cannot apply under the old "entry clearance" process but you should understand that the provisional process currently in place for HSMP letter holders is largely analagous to the old Entry Clearance process.

In fact, the Tier 1 process is, to a large extent, identical to the old HSMP + Entry Clearance process. It has simply gone from being a two step process to a one step process. For most people, the only noticable difference is that your application is entirely processed in your home country.

ayazahmed

Post by ayazahmed » Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:24 am

thnks Niw2 for the info.

I am a pakistani, living in South Africa, and i have downloaded the application for initial grant of leave and on it, this is written that the application should be sent to UK address.
UK Border Agency Tier 1 PB Box 496 ...

How you say this that only difference is that your applicaiton is entirely processed in your home country?

Moreover, I read the application form and it is written all the original documents must be sent. Do i need to send my passport as well ( i cant as i m in s.africa) ? Will they stamp the visa after successful application directly if passport is sent? we dont need to apply for EC separetely at the embassy?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:18 pm

Transitional arrangements for those with an HSMP approval letter wrote:If you have already got an HSMP approval letter, but have not applied for permission to enter or stay as a Highly Skilled Migrant, you will automatically score points for your attributes and for English language because you have an HSMP approval letter.

You must fill in all other appropriate sections of the relevant application form, including the maintenance (funds) section.

You willl be charged a reduced fee for your application under the highly skilled worker category.

HSMP approval letters are valid for a period of six months from the date of issue.
So you are not applying for Tier 1, but only for an EC under Tier 1 on the basis of your HSMP approval.
How to apply if you are outside the United Kingdom wrote: The process for applying if you are outside the United Kingdom is:

Step 1: complete a self-assessment online using our points-based calculator to find out if you are likely to score enough points. (you don't need to do this)
Step 2: go to the visa services website, which you can find on the right of this page, to find out if you must submit any personal details in the country you are applying from and to find the application form.
Step 3: take or send your form(s), fee and supporting evidence to the visa application centre. You must also arrange to give your biometrics, which are usually taken at the visa application centre.
You need to apply through VFS South Africa, the BHC appointed Visa Application Center (VAC). See also visa fees. The forms and guidance notes are available on the UKVisas website - VAF9 and PBS Appendix 1 for main applicant, and VAF10 for dependents (if any). You will only need to satisfy the requirement for maintenance, complete only that part of the Appendix 1 and pay a lower fee.

Whether you need to send all the documents (that you sent for HSMP approval) yet again - for EC - can only be confirmed by local BHC / VFS, so do check with them. Also check with them for any country-specific application procedures / forms.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!