ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email from TLS - Application on hold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

HI1406
Newly Registered

Email from TLS - Application on hold

Post by HI1406 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am

Has anyone received this email from TLS regarding a spouse visa?”

“ Dear Customer,

Due to the operational impact of COVID-19, the UK’s Visa Application Centres (VAC) are currently closed and we are unable to resolve new or existing applications. For further information please go to: https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... nd-borders

Our records show that you have a pending application for a UK visa the which is yet to be concluded. This application has been placed on hold.

We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. All information provided digitally is protected and your passport, where submitted, is being stored in securely in a fireproof safe.

Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided.

We regret that, unless already organised, we are unable to return your passport at this time due to local government restrictions. We will let you know when the position changes. If you have an urgent need to travel, please contact your own government consular service to arrange an emergency travel document.”

I know someone else who applied in Kenya but did not get this email as well.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Email from TLS - Application on hold

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:41 pm

HI1406 wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:43 am
Has anyone received this email from TLS regarding a spouse visa?”

“ Dear Customer,

Due to the operational impact of COVID-19, the UK’s Visa Application Centres (VAC) are currently closed and we are unable to resolve new or existing applications. For further information please go to: https://www.gov.uk/government/collectio ... nd-borders

Our records show that you have a pending application for a UK visa the which is yet to be concluded. This application has been placed on hold.

We would like to reassure customers that this is due to the operational impacts of COVID-19. Customers should not be concerned that there is something wrong with their application. All information provided digitally is protected and your passport, where submitted, is being stored in securely in a fireproof safe.

Once the VACs re-open and your application can be processed, we will contact you. Please do not attend the VAC until you have been advised that your application has been decided.

We regret that, unless already organised, we are unable to return your passport at this time due to local government restrictions. We will let you know when the position changes. If you have an urgent need to travel, please contact your own government consular service to arrange an emergency travel document.”

I know someone else who applied in Kenya but did not get this email as well.
Several people have received such mail.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:49 am

Thanks for your response. I thought it was bizarre that everyone hasn’t received the same email. I read somewhere that it is trigged by a decision being sent back to the VAC. Does anyone know if that’s the case?

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 am

I wish that is true!

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:39 am

Did you receive any 'not straightforward' email?

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:51 am

Yes we did after the 60 working days had lapsed. I assumed this was automated because of that.

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:19 am

Oh and when did your 60 days lapse? When did you apply and was it priority?

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:33 am

App was non priority. Biometrics were submitted on the 7th Jan. Got the not straight forward email on the 7th April. Got the above email on the 4th May. Currently the VAC is still closed.

When did you get the email above?

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:44 am

I tried to reply before but not sure it went through.

My husband and I applied for his spouse visa on 11th March (biometrics that day too) by priority.

We received the above email + application not straight forward within 1 min of each other on same day in April

When the lockdown eased in UK a couple of weeks back, we followed up and HO confirmed they had escalated the case. He’s now on second escalation.. we most recently were told that first sey of checks have happened but additional checks were required. Not sure if true or just buying time due to covid!

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:48 am

I applied just before lockdown (biometrics on 22nd March) via non-priority

I received the non straightforward email last month. I will contact them next week when the 60 days are over for an update

Where are you guys applying from..is the VAC open? I am starting to believe that they probably have made decisions but we will only know when the VAC in the applicant's country reopens?

idaz
Newly Registered

Post by idaz » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:50 am

I cannot believe that you have been waiting since January! Has anybody received any decisions this year?!

Aarav086

Post by Aarav086 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:53 am

idaz wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:48 am
I applied just before lockdown (biometrics on 22nd March) via non-priority

I received the non straightforward email last month. I will contact them next week when the 60 days are over for an update

Where are you guys applying from..is the VAC open? I am starting to believe that they probably have made decisions but we will only know when the VAC in the applicant's country reopens?

We’ve applied from Delhi, India. VAC is still not open there. But HO in UK appears to be open as they’re responding to emails etc.

HI1406
Newly Registered

Post by HI1406 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:01 pm

idaz wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:50 am
I cannot believe that you have been waiting since January! Has anybody received any decisions this year?!
I believe people have had response this year. Most I’ve seen on here have been priority applications.

It is unfortunate it has taken this long. VAC is still closed in Kenya where we applied. I figured it could take up to 12 weeks originally however with Covid things wouldn’t be as quick. We decided against chasing anything as he wouldn’t be able to get his passport anyways as the VAC is closed. Hopefully not too long left. Remaining patient and hoping for good news.

Was hoping someone would reply we had the same email and had a decision waiting once the VAC opened.