ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are my chances?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romanempire
Newly Registered

What are my chances?

Post by romanempire » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:01 pm

I have already posted my situation a while age. Here are the lates news and I would love to know if anyone can give me an idea about the chances of my husband getting a visa.
So my husband has been called for an interview 2 weeks ago it lasted only 15min I thought it was going to take more. the lady at the embassy said that they will call him back. However, since two we did not hear anything. Is this a negative thing, the fact that they did not call? or it can take quite long and then he might get the visa. I am so stressed because I am worried about the outcomes.
Thanks so much.
Here is the older post:
Hi everyone,
when I first read the meassages in this board I felt relieved just to know that I am not on my own. My story is quite complicated and I really really need advice. I will be so grateful. I came to England 3 years ago and I got a residence permit for 2 more years (I am from North africa). I have met an Albanian man and I discovered that he has been staying as a failed asylum seeker. we decided to get married and to travel to albania. We thought that it is going to be an easy process to get married and then to bring him over back to the UK. but because we lack experience and we are quite young we discovered the truth just recently. First of all we could not get married in albania because in my country we do not issue such a paper that says I am single and in albania you have to have that paper for the marriage certificate. I was also asked to have my birth certificate translated and legalised in the UK. So we ended up doing a marriage party with a marriage certificate and I had to leave my husbadn over there because he needs a visa to come with me. So came back last and I started looking for translators and went also to the albanian embassy in london. Here are the following things I will ae to do: translate my birth certificate into english, get it legalised and then translated into albanian. And i have not a clue about certified translators espacially from english into albanian. the other thing that I struggling to get is a paper from the embassy of my country that shows that I am single, the problem is that we dont have such a paper in our regulations so i dont know what i a gonna do! once all this can b sorted out i will hopefully be able to travel back to albania and do the marriage cerificate. now another problem is waiting for us, which is gettng my husband back to the UK. I went to a solicitor to ask for help but all they ask is too much money and I cannot afford it now because of all the travel and marriage expenses that we went through. so what me and my husband are thinking of doing is that once te marriage certificate is ready he will go and apply for a spouse visa. here are the documents that I prepared: my bills, my bank statements, my employer's letter, our photos of the marriage party in albania, our phots together in the UK, my birth certificate that I will legalise and translate this week. knowing that I am from north africa and I have a limited leave do you think that it is going to be really hard to bring my husband back? is it better to have a solicitor? I know I sound totally lost and confused but I am such a desperate need of help because I dont have any relatives to help me. I have a great job here and I would love to build my family life, I will so grateful for any guidance, any any...
Thank you so much.
Last edited by romanempire on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:59 am

U need to tell us exactly what ur visa is.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:23 pm

I have a residence permit. I came to england 3 years ago on a work permit, then I obtained a residence permit last year. the expiry date of my permit is october 2010, by that date I will have been here in england for five years. thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:43 pm

As you don't have ILR yet your options are limited. Once your are married I think the only option you have is bring him here as your Work Permit dependent.

http://ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingin ... ependants/#

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:56 pm

thanks for the reply
I had a look at the link you sent me. when I apply for a dependant, does this mean that I need to go to the british embassy in tirana myself or my husband can do it himself?
thank you so much

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:31 pm

You have a residence permit, not a visa? What does it actually say? Limited Leave to Remain? Regarding the proof that you're single...what North African passport do you hold?
Your husband would be making the application in Tirana.
Sorry, one more important question. You say you're young, how old are you both?

romanempire
Newly Registered

hi casa

Post by romanempire » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:12 pm

yes it is limited leave till 2010, so by then i will be able to apply for an ILR.
I am 22 years old. well ironically I manged to sort out today a paper from my embassy that says that I am single i had to beg them all morning, so today I spent all day just trying to legalise the paper that says I am single. What I have also done is translating my birth certificate from french into english and tomorrow I will be legalising it in Melton Keynes. Then I have an appointment with an albanian solicitor who will translate my birth certificate and the embassy paper (single) into albanian. Thursday morning I will be able to go to the albanian embassy and present them with these two documents that they asked me to translate and legalise. I hope that they won't come up with anything else because I booked a ticket thursday afternoon. It is such a terrible process, it is so funny how hard it is for two people from different cultures to be able to get married. :(

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:20 am

You say that you are 22. Is your fiance over 21?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: hi casa

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:21 am

romanempire wrote:It is such a terrible process, it is so funny how hard it is for two people from different cultures to be able to get married. :(
Very necessary IMHO - I think people underestimate the rifts and problems cultural and linguistic differences cause.

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:04 pm

yes casa he is 27
yes wanderer you are absolutely right!
that is life....

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 am

That's good. So no problem with the soon to be introduced minimum age of 21. Hope it all goes well for you both.

romanempire
Newly Registered

Post by romanempire » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:06 pm

thanks so much for your support, well finally we managed to sign the marriage certificate !!!! now we are waiting for the british embassy to call my husband back for an interview day. We included all sorts of evidence: my bills, my bank statements, my current employment details, the tenancy agreement, birth certificates (legalised and translated), my friend's letter to support the application, we even got interview question samples from the net to get ready for the big day. Let us see the outcome!