ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice - Self Upload vs Upload Services

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

as3m
Newly Registered

Advice - Self Upload vs Upload Services

Post by as3m » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:26 am

Hi,

Just after some advice really.
Is it preferable to upload your supporting documents onto the UKVCAS SopraSteria website or do members prefer the scanning services at the time of submitting biometrics?
I for one don't mind paying £50 as it will save me a lot of time.
However, my concern is whether they will upload everything or only upload what is on the checklist?
Also, I have nicely organised my FLR application into sections with a logical flow .. on the SopraSteria UKCAS upload page they have their own preset categories (some are not applicable to my circumstances) is it possible to make your own categories

Thanks,

Asem

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Advice - Self Upload vs Upload Services

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:35 am

as3m wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:26 am
Hi,

Is it preferable to upload your supporting documents onto the UKVCAS SopraSteria website or do members prefer the scanning services at the time of submitting biometrics
I will prefer to self upload to have the full control because staff might prohibit you to not upload some certain documents which might be crucial for the case. Ukvcas staff aren't immigration staff rather a third party who accept no liability over refusal/any loss whatsoever. In case of self upload you will have ample time in carrying on uploading until the date of biometrics.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:41 am

as3m wrote:
Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:26 am
Hi,

Is it preferable to upload your supporting documents onto the UKVCAS SopraSteria website or do members prefer the scanning services at the time of submitting biometrics?
I for one don't mind paying £50 as it will save me a lot of time.
However, my concern is whether they will upload everything or only upload what is on the checklist?
Also, I have nicely organised my FLR application into sections with a logical flow .. on the SopraSteria UKCAS upload page they have their own preset categories (some are not applicable to my circumstances) is it possible to make your own categories

Thanks,

Asem
The choice to make ultimately is in your hands. Most members given the opportunity and availability of time go for the self upload option as you are in control of what is uploaded (noting your concern if SopraSteria uploads everything).
Logic does not work with HO, sorry. You can not create your own category. Check the categories and upload your documents corresponding as close as possible to them. What to ensure is that you upload ALL required evidence that you have whether matching the preset categories or not. The ECO looking through should get all that is on his or her checklist.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:58 am

I don't think it took me more than a couple hours at most scanning everything one page at a time on my little home printer, combining those into large files and then uploading everything onto the UKVCAS website. Most of the work goes into organising the proper documents, which you will have to do regardless of self-upload or having them do it. I agree with the others that doing it yourself is usually best, where possible.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.