ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (protection) and divorce matter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bolbol
Newly Registered
Azerbaijan

SET (protection) and divorce matter

Post by Bolbol » Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:04 pm

Hi every one,
I have recently separated from my husband (we are not divorced yet).
We married in 2007 and arrived in UK in 2010 with Tier 4 visa. Later, We calimed assylem and got refugee status in 2015. We have a daughter (currently 9 yrs old) who is born here and lives with me. My husband was main applicant when we applied for assylum. In July, it has been 5yrs that we got our Leave to Remain and thus I can apply for ILR
Now I have some questions:
1. Can I apply for ILR on my own? Given that I am seperated from my husband?
2. Can the fact that I was my husband's dependant and now we are seperated, cause any problem for my ILR application? He is not going to collaborate in any way.

I would be grateful if you can help me with this
Regards,
Bolbol

karim_9876

Re: SET (protection) and divorce matter

Post by karim_9876 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 am

By saying you are separated, does this mean you just live separately, in different addresses? When did you separate? Did you inform the home office when you separated?