ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (LR) for Child and Child Benefit / Universal Credit

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

ILR for Minors on ths basis of 10 years

Post by hina_pirzada » Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 pm

Dear Members,

I have a query related to my son who is 12 years old completed 10 years lawfully here. I got my ILR last year. My husband has completed 10 years as well but he needs LIUK and English Language test.

I need to apply for my son's ILR. I want to know which form I need to fill. On the basis of 10 years normally, the form is SET (LR) but he is under 18 so is there any separate requirement. Please share the relevant information.

Thanking you in advance.

HP

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR for Minors on ths basis of 10 years

Post by zimba » Thu May 28, 2020 1:49 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:52 pm
Dear Members,

I have a query related to my son who is 12 years old completed 10 years lawfully here. I got my ILR last year. My husband has completed 10 years as well but he needs LIUK and English Language test.

I need to apply for my son's ILR. I want to know which form I need to fill. On the basis of 10 years normally, the form is SET (LR) but he is under 18 so is there any separate requirement. Please share the relevant information.

Thanking you in advance.

HP
SET(LR) as normal
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: ILR for Minors on ths basis of 10 years

Post by hina_pirzada » Thu May 28, 2020 12:02 pm

Many thanks Zimba.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

SET (LR) for Child and Child Benefit / Universal Credit

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:59 pm

RE: SET (LR) for Child and Child Benefit / Universal Credit

Dear Senior Board Members (Zimba, Casa, and others)

Good day to you.

I have a very important and concerning question with regards to my child SET (LR) application.

I was granted ILR last year in October. Two of my children who born in the UK now became British Citizens.

My son who came to the UK in 2010 now has completed 10 years of law full residence and his ILR is now due.

My Son last grant of leave was under Private Life rule subject to Article 8 ECHR which is due to expire next year in December.

My son granted leave was “no recourse to public fund”.

When I received my ILR so I was confused about whether Am I allow applying for his child benefit or not.

For this purpose, I went to the children's family center and spoke with the staff who normally giving advice on claiming public benefits.

My query was claiming child benefit for my son who is on “no recourse to public funds”. I was told that I can claim benefits for all of my children regardless of condition impose on a child visa. The logic they have given me was that because I am claiming the benefits, not my child.

I filled the child benefit form. In the form, the question was “who is claiming” so I put my name there. They ask to provide the Birth Certificate reference number for those children who born in the UK and send the birth certificate, passport and prove the stay of other child. I sent the BRP of my child which mentioned “No Public Funds”.

Later on, I received a letter that mentioned all of my three children's names on it and the amount that they are receiving since then.

A similar situation happened at the time of applying for Universal Credit. They asked me to come for an interview at the Job Centre with all documents including children as well. I was never asked for the status of my children. They only consider my ILR. Since then I am receiving child element as well.

My question is:-

Q1. Is there any impact on my child ILR application due to child benefits and Universal credit?

Please someone who has had gone through with a similar situation please share the experience and any relevant information which helps my query.

Many Thanks

Looking forward

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: SET (LR) for Child and Child Benefit / Universal Credit

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Topics Merged!! Please, you have been a member of the forum long enough to know the rules!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Q1. Is there any impact on my child ILR application due to child benefits and Universal credit?
No!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:27 pm

Many thanks, CR001. Do apologize.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 pm

Another question in my son letter which he was received at the time of visa grant the following wording was mentioned:-

In addition, a decision has been made that your application does not meet the requirement of paragraph 276A02 of the immigration rules, and therefore your grant of leave is subject to No Recourse of Public Funds. This means you are not entitled to receive public funds to help meet your living and accommodation costs. In addition, your sponsor is not entitled to claim or receive public funds on your behalf.

Question:

As a parent, I am claiming child benefit and UC and his name is there. I am receiving a child benefit on his behalf so is there any issue??

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:49 pm

hina_pirzada wrote:
Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 pm
Another question in my son letter which he was received at the time of visa grant the following wording was mentioned:-

In addition, a decision has been made that your application does not meet the requirement of paragraph 276A02 of the immigration rules, and therefore your grant of leave is subject to No Recourse of Public Funds. This means you are not entitled to receive public funds to help meet your living and accommodation costs. In addition, your sponsor is not entitled to claim or receive public funds on your behalf.

Question:

As a parent, I am claiming child benefit and UC and his name is there. I am receiving a child benefit on his behalf so is there any issue??
Again, no effect
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:34 pm

Many thanks Zimba and CR001 for the clarification. Highly appreciated. God bless you guys.

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:

Post by hina_pirzada » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Dear Senior Members, Zimba, CR001, CASA, and others.

I have applied to ILR for my son on 17th June. I am going to book an appointment online but the appointments are not available at any center until the 24th of July. The deadline to submit Bio information by Home Office is 19th August.

Can anyone please tell me what happens next if the appointment not available until 19th August.

Also, my son's leave will expire in December 2021. So what you advise is? can I withdraw the application now without losing the fee and reapply again when the current situation come back to normal?

Please advise.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Deadline will be ignored in the current situation.

KP Singh
Newly Registered
India

Post by KP Singh » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:39 am

hina_pirzada wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:05 pm
Dear Senior Members, Zimba, CR001, CASA, and others.

I have applied to ILR for my son on 17th June. I am going to book an appointment online but the appointments are not available at any center until the 24th of July. The deadline to submit Bio information by Home Office is 19th August.

Can anyone please tell me what happens next if the appointment not available until 19th August.

Also, my son's leave will expire in December 2021. So what you advise is? can I withdraw the application now without losing the fee and reapply again when the current situation come back to normal?

Please advise.
Hi

I am in a same situation , could you please update regarding your child's ILR application

Thank You