ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advisor for spouse visa extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Advisor for spouse visa extension

Post by gdn47 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 pm

I contacted an Immigration Advisor to review my submittal for my spouse visa extension. The Advisor suggested that I really should get them to prepare and submit the application and documents. He suggests that it is very difficult to be successful on personal submittals. He put forward a lot of possible problems such as document and photo format, clearing problems with immigration officials, how to present evidence, putting you on to 10 year route, etc. While I see that it would be useful to have their help they are charging £1200 for the service. I prepared the first application for the first 2.5 years myself and was successful. What is the general feeling on their service, is it really necessary and is the cost of £1200 reasonable.
gdn47

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Advisor for spouse visa extension

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:41 am

gdn47 wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:49 pm
I contacted an Immigration Advisor to review my submittal for my spouse visa extension. The Advisor suggested that I really should get them to prepare and submit the application and documents. He suggests that it is very difficult to be successful on personal submittals. He put forward a lot of possible problems such as document and photo format, clearing problems with immigration officials, how to present evidence, putting you on to 10 year route, etc. While I see that it would be useful to have their help they are charging £1200 for the service. I prepared the first application for the first 2.5 years myself and was successful. What is the general feeling on their service, is it really necessary and is the cost of £1200 reasonable.
gdn47
There is no difficulty, no form hidden or hazy requirements that can trip you up especially with the application no fully done online /electronically. Is there any complications or complexity in your personal or financial etc circumstances?
For you to have done the initial application by yourself and a positive outcome, you can still do the extension, don't be rushed to part with your hard earned money.
For reviews and assistance, you can do so on this forum.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:59 am

Don't know whether that's a reasonable price or not, but the application generally isn't that difficult to complete nor the documentation particularly difficult to compile unless you have some very complex circumstances, as mentioned. This person seems to be selling their services quite forcefully and that would concern me. Realistically, if you were to somehow mess it up completely, have the application refused, lose the application fee and have to submit a new application, it would still be cheaper than using the services of this particular person. The visa extension application is no more difficult than the initial application, probably less so, and if you and your partner have setup a life in the UK there should be no real difficulty providing the required supporting evidence that will be set out fairly clearly as you complete the online application.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:45 pm

Usually a fully conscious person holding average level of literacy in English language and in using computer/smartphone having healthy immigration history doesn't need any solicitor with the use of forum, other online guidances & own common sense.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:06 pm

I am very grateful to you for replying to my query. My circumstances are very straight forward and the only area of uncertainty for me is to understand what format the assessor expects for the evidence documentation. In line with your replies I intend to carry on and submit the application myself. I intend to submit photos that we have taken over the last two years here in the UK as evidence of our living together as a married couple. I assume that copies of these photos printed out on A4 paper will be satisfactory. Meanwhile thank you all again for your excellent comments.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:13 pm

I intend to submit photos that we have taken over the last two years here in the UK as evidence of our living together as a married couple.[I assume that copies of these photos printed out on A4 paper will be satisfactory.

You do not need photos to prove your relationship.

The requirment is to submit evidence of cohabitation in both your names from 3 to 6 difference sources for the last 2 years, such as officials letters, council tax, utility bills, tenancy agreement, TV licence, NHS letters etc. Not photos of you as a couple.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:29 pm

I am posting this as a reply since I cannot see an option on my screen for a New Topic. My query is on my spouse visa application. I am confused with the question under Non-applying Children. The question is if my Husband has any other children in the UK that are not applying on this application. I assume that this is referring to children for which he is responsible (i.e. under 18 or other special circumstance). Since my Husband's children in the UK range from 30 years to 50 years of age and are adults I consider that my answer to this question should be "NO". I would appreciate your advice.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:31 pm

I would like advice to answer the non-applying children question. My Husband has two children from his previous marriage. However they are adults being 30 and 31 years of age. I assume they are not classed as children. I also am not responsible for them so I assume the answer is "NO". I would appreciate advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:05 am

They are adults, so the answer is 'No'.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 pm

My partner was married twice. We have completed the Application with the details for his last marriage. The first marriage was more than 50 years ago. Do we have to provide details for this marriage?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:29 pm

gdn47 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 pm
My partner was married twice. We have completed the Application with the details for his last marriage. The first marriage was more than 50 years ago. Do we have to provide details for this marriage?
Yes
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:35 pm

The other documents list on my application form states:
“Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application.”
How many months of payslips do I have to submit?

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:58 am

It sounds as though you have answered the questions in the online application form so as to indicate you intend meet the financial requirement using Category B (less than 6 months with current employer) and you would then need to provide payslips and associated bank statements for any period of employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application. If you intend to meet the financial requirement using Category A (at least 6 months with current employer), you would only need to provide payslips and associated bank statements for the 6 months prior to the application date. If using Category A, it would probably be worth mentioning this in a cover letter or reviewing your answers to the questions to make sure this is clear to those reviewing the application.

If you are meeting the financial requirement another way (e.g. cash savings), you are likely best off changing your answers to the questions so the form doesn't think you are trying to include employment income and prompt for the associated evidence.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Post by TODMATT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:59 am

gdn47 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:35 pm
The other documents list on my application form states:
“Payslips covering any period of salaried employment (current and previous) in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application.”
How many months of payslips do I have to submit?
The application form has not been designed properly.

The reason why it is asking you for payslips covering 12 months period is because you ticked “not the same amount continuously” this is link CAT B instead of CAT A where payslips covering he period of 6 months is required either under CAT a salaried or Non salaried.

Just write a cover letter that you are applying under CAT A and you are providing 6 months payslips although I will tick option 1 even though it is not consistent as I have seen people ticked 3 option and have been asked to provide payslips covering 6 months period.

This is nothing to be worried about.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:15 am

My husband and myself use online banking. My Company provides all my work information including my payslips online. All our utility bills are online.Our address is on the online statements. I therefore would assume that my online downloads for this information will be satisfactory.

Thank you for your invaluable help in this.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:55 am

gdn47 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:15 am
My husband and myself use online banking. My Company provides all my work information including my payslips online. All our utility bills are online.Our address is on the online statements. I therefore would assume that my online downloads for this information will be satisfactory.
Yes. Payslips just need to be formal payslips issued by the employer and showing the employer’s name, so online ones meeting this requirement should be fine. Utility bills and bank statements downloaded from online sources should be acceptable provided they are essentially the same in appearance as those you would receive in the post. Most of my supporting evidence was downloaded from online sources and I had no issues.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:04 pm

I have prepared my documents in accordance with the Document Checklist from my application. I am certain that I have provided all required documents and cover letters. My query is on the different types of appointment to complete. These are core, enhanced and premium. Core is free, enhanced is £70 and premium is £250. What is the advantage of these services as I am confident that my documentation satisfies the requirement on the Document Checklist and I will be able to scan and upload the documents if that is required. I would appreciate any advice.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:12 am

gdn47 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:04 pm
These are core, enhanced and premium. Core is free, enhanced is £70 and premium is £250. What is the advantage of these services as I am confident that my documentation satisfies the requirement on the Document Checklist and I will be able to scan and upload the documents if that is required. I would appreciate any advice.
What's included in each one is detailed on the UKVCAS website:
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/additional-services

If you're confident in being able to do it yourself (which most people should be able to do) and don't prefer to have an appointment in what they describe a more comfortable and private setting, then there is no advantage to paying extra for these services. They will not change how or how fast your application is processed, it's just premium appointment service for those that are willing to pay for it.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm

I have submitted my application and prepared my supporting documents. How do I scan my supporting documents?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:19 pm

gdn47 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:37 pm
How do I scan my supporting documents?
If you have chosen to upload yourself then you should have a scanner. Upon submission you will be directed to UKVCAS website.

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:21 pm

Thanks for that reply. I still need some info though. I have submitted my application and then I contacted UKVCAS. They informed me that I cannot make an appointment until they send me an email. They have not sent this yet. In the meantime I was considering uploading my documents. I assume though that I cannot do this until I make an appointment. I appreciate your advice.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:25 pm

gdn47 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:21 pm
Thanks for that reply. I still need some info though. I have submitted my application and then I contacted UKVCAS. They informed me that I cannot make an appointment until they send me an email. They have not sent this yet. In the meantime I was considering uploading my documents. I assume though that I cannot do this until I make an appointment. I appreciate your advice.
Read a latest update about it:

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/flash-message- ... geId=74833

gdn47
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by gdn47 » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:16 pm

I have recently contacted UKVCAS on three occasions and was informed on each that my visa will be automatically extended until October. This agreement was in place due to the Covid problem. Has this situation changed?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:44 pm

gdn47 wrote:
Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:16 pm
I have recently contacted UKVCAS on three occasions and was informed on each that my visa will be automatically extended until October. This agreement was in place due to the Covid problem. Has this situation changed?
Just keep in mind that UKVCAS is a third party and staff there are not fully trained for immigration related queries. Just exercise more patient as you might receive an email from UKVI to convey them the supporting documents without any appointment.