ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employment overlap during Tier 2 sponsor switch

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Fcjl22
China

employment overlap during Tier 2 sponsor switch

Post by Fcjl22 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:15 pm

I am currently on Tier 2 and going to change to a new job. The new employer askes me to start asap but the current employer doesn't want me go because the contract is finishing in three months. I have about a month of holiday left with my current emplyer. Can I use these holidays for the last month of my contract? If so, I will be able to start the new job one month's earlier, but I am actually still "on holiday" with my current emplyer till the end of the contract. Is there anything illegal here in the process taking that my current emplyer agrees the plan? Thank you.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Re: employment overlap during Tier 2 sponsor switch

Post by THO » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:28 pm

You will need to read your contract of employment, since none of us here have access to it, how can anyone provide a sensible answer?

Fcjl22
China

Re: employment overlap during Tier 2 sponsor switch

Post by Fcjl22 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:59 pm

Thank you for the reply. I mean anything not allowed in my Tier 2 visa terms. Will I be counted as taken 2 jobs at the same time? For the last month, I will be paid by both employers. Will that be breaking the immigration law?