ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Treaty Rights-EU1A

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Allez18
Newly Registered
Ireland

EU Treaty Rights-EU1A

Post by Allez18 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I am new here. I submitted my EU1A application through email 18 June 2020. Physical documents would be posted soon to the address instructed by them.

I am currently holding Stamp 1A visa and due to Covid 19 I can not renew it. I understand while I am waiting for decision, a temporary stamp 4 will be issued. However, in the absence of temporary visa, can I still renew my current 1A visa presuming GNIB office reopens? Or, as a result of a pending decision, I cannot renew stamp 1A.

I would really appreciate if you guys can share some info. :)

Allez

AndrewJay24
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: EU Treaty Rights-EU1A

Post by AndrewJay24 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 pm

Allez18 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm
Hello everyone,

I am new here. I submitted my EU1A application through email 18 June 2020. Physical documents would be posted soon to the address instructed by them.

I am currently holding Stamp 1A visa and due to Covid 19 I can not renew it. I understand while I am waiting for decision, a temporary stamp 4 will be issued. However, in the absence of temporary visa, can I still renew my current 1A visa presuming GNIB office reopens? Or, as a result of a pending decision, I cannot renew stamp 1A.

Allez
Allez,

All permissions in the State (such as your Stamp 1A) are being automatically renewed if your permission is due to expire between certain dates. The automatic renewal does not have to be registered to take effect. The INIS website has a COVID-19 Section which has all their renewal notices on it, and there you will find out whether your permission has been automatically extended and if so, to what date. Because you have not indicated when your current permission is due to expire, or whether it has already, I cannot provide you with more accurate information. Here is a link to the COVID-19 Notice on the INIS Website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/CO ... ouncements

On that link, you will see a Notice from the 13th of May titled "Notice | New COVID-19 measures for Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 20/5/2020 and 20/7/2020". From the limited information you provided, it seems this notice is the most relevant to you. The same applies if you are issued with a temporary Stamp 4 pending the outcome of your application (i.e., will apply from the date of the letter whether or not it is registered in your passport or reflected on an IRP).

Regards,

A.

ariadnelogy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by ariadnelogy » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:44 pm

Hey Allez,

Just a quick question. How did you send the supporting documents via email? As in, any format in particular? I would like to send my application next week but not sure how they are accepting these documents via email.

Thanks!

Allez18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Allez18 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:50 pm

AndrewJay24 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:27 pm
Allez18 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 pm
Hello everyone,

Allez
Allez,

All permissions in the State (such as your Stamp 1A) are being automatically renewed if your permission is due to expire between certain dates. The automatic renewal does not have to be registered to take effect. The INIS website has a COVID-19 Section which has all their renewal notices on it, and there you will find out whether your permission has been automatically extended and if so, to what date. Because you have not indicated when your current permission is due to expire, or whether it has already, I cannot provide you with more accurate information. Here is a link to the COVID-19 Notice on the INIS Website http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/CO ... ouncements

On that link, you will see a Notice from the 13th of May titled "Notice | New COVID-19 measures for Immigration and International Protection permissions to reside in the State that are due to expire between 20/5/2020 and 20/7/2020". From the limited information you provided, it seems this notice is the most relevant to you. The same applies if you are issued with a temporary Stamp 4 pending the outcome of your application (i.e., will apply from the date of the letter whether or not it is registered in your passport or reflected on an IRP).

Regards,

A.
Hi Andrew,

Many thanks for your detailed info. I received a temp Stamp4 letter on 28 June which, if registered, will remain valid till 13 March 2020. However, upon consideration of too much queue on GNIB office when it is opened on 20 July and enormous anxiety on my already expired Stamp 1A. I decided to avail of the INIS online platform to renew my Stamp 1A instead of registering temp Stamp 4. I did not see any issue here as a final decision yet made.

Allez.

Allez18
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Allez18 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:54 pm

ariadnelogy wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:44 pm
Hey Allez,

Just a quick question. How did you send the supporting documents via email? As in, any format in particular? I would like to send my application next week but not sure how they are accepting these documents via email.

Thanks!
Hey,
Some key points when sending via email.
1. PDF format applys to all docs including your electronic passport photos. So consider converting the format.
2. Consider to send multiple emails with attachments. Initially all my docs were sent via email attachment, however due to the size, it appears as google drive link. They DO NOT accept google drive link. It has to be physical attachments of the email.
3.They will issue you an ackowledgement email once they receve your docs.

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm

Are we really allowed to apply by email? My paperwork says to send all documents and application in the mail - no email address is mentioned. Thanks. :)

ariadnelogy
Newly Registered
Mood:
Venezuela

Post by ariadnelogy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:31 pm

Sweet-Tangerine wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:21 pm
Are we really allowed to apply by email? My paperwork says to send all documents and application in the mail - no email address is mentioned. Thanks. :)
Hey there! The normal procedure would be by mail, but because of the COVID-19 pandemic they are receiving applications by email. This will be accepted until August 31st. This is from the FAQ on the Impact of COVID-19 posted on the Inis website:

"As a temporary measure between now and the 31st August 2020, EU Treaty Rights Division will
allow in-country residence card applications or requests for review to be submitted by email to the
following email address:- eutreatyrights@justice.ie Scanned copies of supporting documentation
should be included with the application. EU Treaty Rights will require the original application to be
submitted by post in due course."

I submitted my application via email on July 23rd (fingers crossed!) and received the acknowledgement letter on July 24th. Pay special attention to Allez's advice regarding the attachments, I had to send out like 5 different emails because of the size of the supporting documentation.

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:59 pm

Thank you for the response! This may sound silly, but did you fill in the application written by hand, and scan each page? Or did you fill out the application 'digitally'?

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 pm

You can do it either way, but you must have a valid signature

Sweet-Tangerine
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Sweet-Tangerine » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:33 am

Great, thanks for responding! :)

smamor
Ireland

Post by smamor » Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:40 pm

littlerr wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 1:28 pm
You can do it either way, but you must have a valid signature

Just a quick question, once I have the final approval from the EUTR for the Stamp4 do I have to post my passport to them or visit in person with an appointment.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Wed Oct 07, 2020 11:52 pm

Depending on whether this is your first registration and whether you live in Dublin.

If you live in Dublin and you already have an IRP card, you can do a postal renewal. In all other circumstance, you need to make an appointment and attend in person.