ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need clarification please...

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Absence outside the UK on spouse visa

Post by Foreigner86 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:16 pm

Hello I'm new in this forum and I hope I get some help ..
I'm on spouse visa but i had some problems with my wife (the sponsor),I had to come back to my home country to visit my family , then i descovered that my wife claimed to the police that I'm threatening her to kill just to speed up my visa curtailment, now I nearly 7 months on my home country, i couldn't know if my visa stopped or not knowing that when i put my details on "right to work in UK" I found that my visa still valid and I have the right to work till 2021 .. the problem is I don't know if I will get arrested by the police when i come back ? And if that's true my visa still valid knowing that i didn't get any notification now 7 months?
And if there anyway to know if there's any warn out for my arrest from outside the UK...

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:

Re: Absence outside the UK on spouse visa

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:48 pm

You are likely to be detained on Entry, your current leave will be revoked and you’ll either be removed or arrested interviewed then removed, I’m assuming no children in the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:25 pm

Amber wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:48 pm
You are likely to be detained on Entry, your current leave will be revoked and you’ll either be removed or arrested interviewed then removed, I’m assuming no children in the UK.
No I don't have children in the uk .. you said my leave will be revoked so why in the government website and when i put my details it still says that I've the right to work till 2021 in addition I didn't get any notification from HO neither by post nor by email ...

Thanks in advance

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:08 am

Foreigner86 wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:25 pm
Amber wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:48 pm
No I don't have children in the uk .. you said my leave will be revoked so why in the government website and when i put my details it still says that I've the right to work till 2021 in addition I didn't get any notification from HO neither by post nor by email ...

Thanks in advance
Your leave will be revoked as you are no longer in a subsisting relationship! It doesn’t matter what a right to work check says.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:53 am

Thank you for your help ☺

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:02 pm

Sorry for asking too much but how I still have the right to work in th UK when my wife (sponsor) withdrawn her sponsorship according to her ... as when I put my details in right to work in the UK it says I still have the right to work !!
Thank You in advance

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

I need advice about my immigration status pls

Post by Foreigner86 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:33 am

Hello, I'm new in this forum and I don't know how to use it so sorry in advance if I make any mistake..
My problem is I married to an English woman has some mental problems and I was supporting and trying to help ... we was living in my home country for a period of time then we decided to move to the UK cos of her health issues and medecine ... as soon as I came to the UK she changed completely with the interfering of her family and I start being under threat to kill by her son and brother, i got some messages IN my phone proving that and I called the police they took all my evidence then they took me to the council which they said I'm not entitled to housing or anything as I don't have access to public Fund, I got stressed and I was under alot of pressure in another word I was afraid and looking behind me even in streets .. till i got diabetes in that time she changed more than before and told me I've to leave ... I didn't like all what happened to me so I decided to visit my family for a week just to give her a time to calm down and give myself time to think again... so when I'm in my home country I called her on video and she accidentally answered so I found her with her ex in the house, i unconsciously threatened her to kill both of them ... so she complained to the police and this time the police take it serious not like when it happened to me, she told me she stopped my visa and police is looking for me .. I actually couldn't know if that's true or just words and a game she play ...
The problem now when I put my details in right to work in the UK it says I still have the right to work till another year and half... and I didn't get any notice from HO neither by post nor by email.. I really want to come back to clarify many things with the police and to see what I could do, so please advice me if should/can come back or not knowing that I don't have anyone in the uk and if there's any organizations could help me till i start my life again..

Thanks in advance

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: I need advice about my immigration status pls

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Hello

To summarise:

- You are: non-EU
- Your wife is: British

You are both to the point where you want to kill each other and you both expressed it by various means.

Your wife cannot just call the 999 and get your residence card cancelled. It's more complicated than that and it takes time.

The thing is that the situation is probably going towards a divorce. A divorce in the UK can be very quick and that will impact your residence that will be curtailed.

As your visa doesn't allow recourse to public funds, the only option for you is to find a job.

You can check here:

https://www.gov.uk/find-a-job

You can also see agencies, check online... and honestly, if you want to work, you will find something. This is the only way to take control of your life.

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:20 pm

By law you should notify the Home Office about the problems in your marriage and also apply for "Indefinite Leave to Remain due to Domestic Violence". It could be a difficult uphill battle, the form fees are quite expensive. Like you can see the police didn't take your complaint serious, the Home Office will also act the same way. You can also keep working till close to the expiration of your visa expiration before you apply. This one is difficult but plausible, you can try and settle with your wife, that is the easiest way out. I've been in your shoes and I lost everything and became illegal in the country.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:48 pm

By law, they need to inform the Home Office if they divorce or separate. Having "problems" in the couple, in the generic sense, doesn't need to be reported to the Home Office. They are after chance of circumstances more than personal issues really.

Violence has to be substantiated more than that. In addition, the OP threatened to kill his wife in front of a witness. It would be very difficult for him to claim that he is victim of domestic abuse.

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:30 pm

Yeah I know I'm not up to speed with that law but you can see they are separated, that's what I was implying.

The violence from his end won't affect his application as his wife won't have any input in his application unless she reports him to the Home Office. It is him against the Home Office, if he can legally prove that he suffered domestic violence and it meets the provisions for domestic violence he will be granted his leave to remain.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Foreigner86 wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 am
Does right to work in the UK prove the validity of the spouse visa ... my wife (sponsor) claimed that she stopped my visa, but in the official website it's still saying that I've the right to work ... does that prove that my visa still valid or not
Thank you in advance

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:09 pm

I think you are afraid, you already know the answer to that question. You have already validated from the website that you still have the right to work and that is it. If truly your wife reported you to the Home Office the problem you may have is that you may be apprehended at the border when you are trying to enter the country. You should be well prepared for that, you should know what to say. If you can successfully enter the country no one can stop you from working. You shouldn't have traveled out of the country knowing that you have issues with your sponsor and you are not yet settled in the country. I don't like that move at all.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 12:43 am

Chidiebube wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:09 pm
I think you are afraid, you already know the answer to that question. You have already validated from the website that you still have the right to work and that is it. If truly your wife reported you to the Home Office the problem you may have is that you may be apprehended at the border when you are trying to enter the country. You should be well prepared for that, you should know what to say. If you can successfully enter the country no one can stop you from working. You shouldn't have traveled out of the country knowing that you have issues with your sponsor and you are not yet settled in the country. I don't like that move at all.
I was obliged as I don't know anyone in the uk to help me in accommodation or even food knowing that I've diabetes in the battle with my ex wife and I ran out insulin ... I was in the streets for days wondering till i decided to come back, I had a record with the police and the doctor about the incident of domestic violence, I don't know if I can still use them to apply fr domestic violence ilr, the other question is I don't know if I can register with another doctor without proof of address to get my medecine so I can start, or if you have any suggestions of places that help with accommodations even for short period so I can find a job, it's really confusing me as I wasn't ready for all this when i came to the uk ... specially after my wife complained about threatening and if still there's a chance if I try to apply for dvilr after 8 months in my country

Chidiebube
Nigeria

Post by Chidiebube » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Check the internet for the guidelines on domestic violence. That will be more helpful. You should make the application anyway since that is the main option you have.

You cannot register with a new General Practice if you do not have proof of address and identity card. A proof of address can be a bank statement or tenancy agreement, so you can go to your bank and change your address using a letter you received from your new address. Your best bet will be to change your address with the same GP.

I think you need community support from people you know, if you do not know anyone then do your best.Check the internet for the guidelines on domestic violence. That will be more helpful. You should make the application anyway since that is the main option you have.

You cannot register with a new General Practice if you do not have proof of address and identity card. A proof of address can be a bank statement or tenancy agreement, so you can go to your bank and change your address using a letter you received from your new address. Your best bet will be to change your address with the same GP.

I think you need community support from people you know, if you do not know anyone then do your best.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Need clarification please...

Post by Foreigner86 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:07 pm

I want to know if I the GOV site says I still have the right to work in the uk for another 2 yrs does it mean my visa is still valid ?

Tia

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Need clarification please...

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:47 pm

Foreigner86 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:07 pm
I want to know if I the GOV site says I still have the right to work in the uk for another 2 yrs does it mean my visa is still valid ?

Tia
Not necessarily, supposedly you come across with curtailment because sometimes online records gets updated later.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:54 pm

Are you divorced now?

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 pm

No I'm not divorced... and as for the update of the system I don't think they didn't update it for a whole year ... as it's been a year now since I left the uk but I still get.." I have the right to work till end of 2021"

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 pm

Foreigner86 wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:15 pm
No I'm not divorced... and as for the update of the system I don't think they didn't update it for a whole year ... as it's been a year now since I left the uk but I still get.." I have the right to work till end of 2021"
Maybe your sponsor hasn't yet reported to UKVI.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:54 pm

I think she is lying cos she has no reason to stop my visa or maybe HO didn't bleive her or she didn't report it at all ... I just now wanna know if I can come back after corona

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 pm
Foreigner86 wrote:
so is there any chance for me to come back

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:53 am

Foreigner86 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:04 am
seagul wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:52 pm
Foreigner86 wrote:
so is there any chance for me to come back
No harm in trying this risk than sitting there and keep building the fear.

Foreigner86
Newly Registered

Post by Foreigner86 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 am

I'm not afraid lol I'm waiting the border to open... but I wanna know what I've to say in the airport if they ask me why I stayed 6 months outside the uk knowing that the other 6 months the border is shut

Tia

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:39 pm

Foreigner86 wrote:
Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:56 am
I'm not afraid lol I'm waiting the border to open... but I wanna know what I've to say in the airport if they ask me why I stayed 6 months outside the uk knowing that the other 6 months the border is shut

Tia
UK borders were never shut. You will more likely be asked about your sponsor and if your behaviour/conversation seems suspicious then more likely you will be detained.