ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Limited Company Director to Permanent Employment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Bio metrics TLS Center's closed in Dublin

Post by munzzz123 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Hi All,

A query please, we made a spouse visa application via the website back in the second week of March. But we were unable to book a Biometrics appointment because of COVID 19 in Dublin. I am based in London and she works in Dublin. She is an Indian national applying from Dublin as she has a job there currently and is on a work permit there.

Is our only option to wait till the centres open or? Please can you advise? We have paid the premium fee and the IHS fee too.

Thanks

Munish

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Bio metrics TLS Center's closed in Dublin

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:30 pm

munzzz123 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 3:10 pm

Is our only option to wait till the centres open or?
No alternative than waiting as without biometrics enrolment the application won't be forwarded & processed.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Post by munzzz123 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:48 pm

Thanks. So if we just cancel, assume we will get a full refund as we have not submitted the biometrics yet?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:28 pm

munzzz123 wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:48 pm
Thanks. So if we just cancel, assume we will get a full refund as we have not submitted the biometrics yet?
Yes it maybe possible by contacting them but in case when you will reapply in future then will have to arrange the same documents with latest dates.
You applied outside the UK
Contact UKVI to find out how to cancel your application.

You can only get your fee refunded if your application hasn’t been processed yet
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

UK Spouse Visa - Cancel?

Post by munzzz123 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:29 am

Hi All,

We applied for the UK spouse visa on the 17th of March. Today is 58 days since we made the application. The TLS contact center here in Dublin has been shut from the day we made the application and therefore we have not been able to book the bio metrics appointment and submit our documentation.

The corona virus immigration helpline advised that you can just wait till the center opens and then book the appointment for bio metrics. They also advised that the fees we have already paid will not go to waste due to the current circumstances. However, does the 60 day limit within which we have to give our bio metrics apply in the current circumstances?

What do you all advise? Shall we cancel and get the refund and re-apply later when centers open? Or wait?

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Cancel?

Post by CR001 » Thu May 14, 2020 10:34 am

However, does the 60 day limit within which we have to give our bio metrics apply in the current circumstances?
No it does not given the current pandemic closures.
What do you all advise? Shall we cancel and get the refund and re-apply later when centers open? Or wait
Up to you. But waiting is probably the best option.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Re: UK Spouse Visa - Cancel?

Post by munzzz123 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:43 am

Thank you CR001. We have decided to wait.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Limited Company Director to Permanent Employment

Post by munzzz123 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 pm

Hi All,

We applied for spouse visa back in march 2020 but we couldn't get an appointment because of the lock-down. We have not finally managed to get an appointment as the center in Dublin is now opened.

Whilst making the application in march I was self employed and the submitted spouse visa application is based on my self employment. However, as the virus spread more I got a permanent offer at the end of march I took it because of the job security. So for the appointment we have next week, I am submitting the following.

1. All the docs as per the original application (self employment upto march 2020)
2. New self employment docs after closing the company in may 2020
3. New permanent employment docs (payslips for 2 months, employer's letter as per requirements)

Hope this is ok? I will also write a letter confirming the above...

Any further advice you can give me?

Thanks

M

geoeng
Canada

Re: Limited Company Director to Permanent Employment

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:00 am

munzzz123 wrote:
Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:48 pm
Whilst making the application in march I was self employed and the submitted spouse visa application is based on my self employment. However, as the virus spread more I got a permanent offer at the end of march I took it because of the job security. So for the appointment we have next week, I am submitting the following.

1. All the docs as per the original application (self employment upto march 2020)
2. New self employment docs after closing the company in may 2020
3. New permanent employment docs (payslips for 2 months, employer's letter as per requirements)

Hope this is ok?
The guidance document below, specifically Section 9.3, describes whether this is ok.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -ext_1.pdf

Understanding the impact the current situation has had on income, the government has somewhat relaxed a number of the income-related rules. However, if you have closed the company you were previously relying on for income, this may be a major issue as all sources of income must fall within the financial year(s) relied on and must still be a source of income at the time of application.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 am

Sorry, missed that you had submitted the application already. Your situation after the date of application doesn't really matter in terms of whether the requirements are met.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Post by munzzz123 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:19 am

Thank you.

I now have updated company accounts ending on May 11th and 2No payslips for April and May.

Appreciate that this situation is unusual, is there anything you can advise me to include in the document set to ensure it goes ok?

I have read the relaxed guidelines and it appears as if I relied only on my company income upto may 11th I will be ok...

I will also include the payslips and employer letter too as it further helps the case.

Any comments?

Thanks

M

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Post by munzzz123 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am

geoeng wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:15 am
Sorry, missed that you had submitted the application already. Your situation after the date of application doesn't really matter in terms of whether the requirements are met.
So do you recommend I do not submit any financial documents for after the date of the application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am

munzzz123 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:22 am
geoeng wrote:
So do you recommend I do not submit any financial documents for after the date of the application?
The date of online application, submission and payment is what is the relevant date for your supporting documents and they must be dated on or before this date. Anything dated of the date of application is irrelevant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

munzzz123
Newly Registered

Post by munzzz123 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am
munzzz123 wrote:
geoeng wrote:
The date of online application, submission and payment is what is the relevant date for your supporting documents and they must be dated on or before this date. Anything dated of the date of application is irrelevant.
Thanks CR001. However almost 3 months have passed since we made the application. Wouldnt they want to see financial documents for these 3 moths?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:28 am

munzzz123 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:23 am
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:42 am
munzzz123 wrote:
geoeng wrote:
Thanks CR001. However almost 3 months have passed since we made the application. Wouldnt they want to see financial documents for these 3 moths?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)