ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayers ,good character &nationality application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

London22
Member of Standing

Overstayers ,good character &nationality application

Post by London22 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello Everyone
On 20th may 2020 HO has changed its guidance on applying discretion in nationality applications where applicants have previously overstayed in last 10 years.There is something in the guidance that HO may change its rigid policy of refusing most applications on the basis of good character merely on overstaying grounds.Overstaying for a short period which can be a few months can be disregarded if it is the only bad thing in immigration breaches.Due to Covid this policy isnt clear yet.May be there is some changes coming to the system .

BoyTed
Somalia

Re: Overstayers ,good character &nationality application

Post by BoyTed » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:56 pm

Hi London22,
HO always looking to stab people they are not fit for purpose

BoyTed
Somalia

Post by BoyTed » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 pm

Iam not surprised to be honest

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 am

When referencing a government policy, it is always best to link to the specific government policy document or press release so that one can verify and go into detail of the government policy.

I have been unable to find any change in government policy regarding overstaying in the past month, using Google search.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.