ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for Surinder Singh?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Visitor Visa for Surinder Singh?

Post by Ewald » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:02 am

Hi,

My wife (British Citizen) and I will be using the Surinder Singh route in November this year. We have been in Germany for the last 4 years. I have spoken with the EU Settlement scheme centre and they have already forwarded my application to our UK address. According to them we only need to be living in the UK before the end of this year but will have until June next year to do the application.

I have a current 5-year visitor Visa for the UK, would I still need to apply for an EEA family permit to enter the UK?

According to the settlement centre, I just need to be there, it doesn't matter what kind of Visa I am on. I guess this is similar to how I got my residence in Germany (arrived on a tourist visa).

Of course, I would like to avoid doing all the paperwork here and then again in the UK. But I am not sure if they will accept my application there if I only have a visitor visa and not a family permit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Visitor Visa for Surinder Singh?

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:38 pm

According to the settlement centre
Be careful with that call centre. You are not talking to the Home Office but to a external contracted centre and they have been known to mislead people.

Ewald
Newly Registered
South Africa

Re: Visitor Visa for Surinder Singh?

Post by Ewald » Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:24 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:38 pm
According to the settlement centre
Be careful with that call centre. You are not talking to the Home Office but to a external contracted centre and they have been known to mislead people.
Yes, great point, that is also the reason why I have created this topic. I cant get any good information on it on here or anywhere else. It makes sense that I can enter on a tourist Visa, as this is how any EEA route application works.

Also according to the home office I can enter the UK on my article 10 residence card, but I got refused entry twice this way. So you need to be careful with them too.