ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 years route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

ILR 10 years route

Post by Ecovan » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:07 am

Hello

I would like to know that my brother is completing his 10 years in the month of Oct 2020 on 9th and his visa is expiring on 16 of August 2020 so what should he do?

He has Tier 1 entrepreneur visa till August 16th 2020 and due to COVID-19, his business impacted a lot and face serious loss.

Can he make an application on the window and is home office accepting the new application for ILR like on regular centres and do he has to give life in the UK as well as there is no date and the have stopped the testing centres

Please help and give me advice and I request to all the senior members Zimba to give advice
many thanks

zimba
Mood:

Re: ILR 10 years root

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:51 pm

There is no 'window' service or whatever. Everyone has to apply online. He should apply for a Tier 1E extension of leave and then vary his application to SET(LR) when eligible
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am

do he has to give life in the UK as well as there is no date and the have stopped the testing centres
Life in the UK test is mandatory for ILR and the English B1 requirement also. The testing centres are open, many members have posted about getting appointments and doing the tests!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:51 pm
There is no 'window' service or whatever. Everyone has to apply online. He should apply for a Tier 1E extension of leave and then vary his application to SET(LR) when eligible
Thank you so much, Zimba , but what will be the best date to apply for Set(LR) you think? his entry date Is 8th Oct 2010 in the UK.

Also, He needs to complete the set LR form right as you mention? for Long residency and for Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR which form?

I have heard there is a big backlog of the application so you mention there is no window option for Long term residency ? or is it for Tier 1 entrepreneurs ILR? Please clear the confusion

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:59 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:14 am
do he has to give life in the UK as well as there is no date and the have stopped the testing centres
Life in the UK test is mandatory for ILR and the English B1 requirement also. The testing centres are open, many members have posted about getting appointments and doing the tests!!
Thanks CR001

he tried registered for the test as the date seem very much full, we have tried to check in the surrounding the area

Quick question if we were not able to get the Test before the expiry date on the visa will this be a problem is there any COVID-19 circumstances acceptance?

and he has done his degree from here so does he still need b1 English test?

Please clear this confusion, many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:11 pm

Quick question if we were not able to get the Test before the expiry date on the visa will this be a problem is there any COVID-19 circumstances acceptance?
He needs to do the LIUK test before his biometric appointment date. LIUK is mandatory and if not submitted, ILR will be refused.
and he has done his degree from here so does he still need b1 English test?
A UK degree is sufficient.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:41 pm

Ecovan wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:54 pm
Zimba wrote:
Thank you so much, Zimba , but what will be the best date to apply for Set(LR) you think? his entry date Is 8th Oct 2010 in the UK.

Also, He needs to complete the set LR form right as you mention? for Long residency and for Tier 1 Entrepreneur ILR which form?

I have heard there is a big backlog of the application so you mention there is no window option for Long term residency ? or is it for Tier 1 entrepreneurs ILR? Please clear the confusion
He must apply for Tier 1E application as normal (Tier 1 is now extension only anyway). Then applies again when eligible for long residence using form SET(LR) which will be a variation of leave to ILR. All of this is done online.

There is no window service. READ: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 70084.html
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:29 am

Thanks zimba but I have checked myself on Sephora website there is no option to register and start the application showing up - I am afraid I am not able to locate the right page for the creating account to upload documents
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:58 pm

Ecovan wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:29 am
Thanks zimba but I have checked myself on Sephora website there is no option to register and start the application showing up - I am afraid I am not able to locate the right page for the creating account to upload documents
https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
He must first apply for Tier 1. Here: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... trepreneur
After he submits the application, the system will send a link to create a UKVCAS account.

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:58 pm

Hi Zimba

This link is only giving option of initail or extesnion application to aply online -there is no option for ILR?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:00 pm

Ecovan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:58 pm
Hi Zimba

This link is only giving option of initail or extesnion application to aply online -there is no option for ILR?
If you read the replies you have already received, the members clearly stated he MUST apply for an extension of his Tier 1 Ent visa first. He does not qualify for ILR yet.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm

I am aksing for ILR he is now completed and you can apply with 28 days so my question is which link is for the ILR application please

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:25 pm

Ecovan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:12 pm
I am aksing for ILR he is now completed and you can apply with 28 days so my question is which link is for the ILR application please
According to your first post, he doesn't qualify for ILR yet.
that my brother is completing his 10 years in the month of Oct 2020 on 9th and his visa is expiring on 16 of August 2020
Moderator Zimba already advised you what he needs to do on the 6th July!!
Zimba wrote:
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Ok my question is do you know the link to do ILR application please forget about the advice , I am strugling to find the Only ILR application link please

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm

Ecovan wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:31 pm
Ok my question is do you know the link to do ILR application please forget about the advice , I am strugling to find the Only ILR application link please
If you mean ILR under long residence:

https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... 1595506133
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Thanks a lot Seagul for understandig and pointing me out :) cheers this is what i have been asking and speople were wasing my time

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm
Ecovan wrote:

Ecovan
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Ecovan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Thanks a lot Seagul for understandig and pointing me out :) cheers this is what i have been asking and speople were wasing my time

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm
Ecovan wrote: