ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Employer Tier 2 General - Primary

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Change of Employer Tier 2 General - Primary

Post by wanderer05 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:01 pm

Hi All,

As going through UKVI, Home Office site it indicated one on tier 2 General and offered a job with different employer alongwith COS can start working for new employer without waiting for decision on the application.

My concern is what if Home Office rejects the application submitted to work for new employer ? as practically my current sponsor-er have to withdraw sponsoring me before I jump the ship across.

Ideally in pre-covid world one use to apply for Tier 2 Change of Employment and continue working for existing sponsor so even if the application is rejected it does not harm sponsorship. I tried to find info but failed to gather any.

Hope someone can clear the air around this as it seems to be a quite tricky situation.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Change of Employer Tier 2 General - Primary

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 pm

My concern is what if Home Office rejects the application submitted to work for new employer ? as practically my current sponsor-er have to withdraw sponsoring me before I jump the ship across.
Then you would have a problem. Your current sponsor only has to inform HO within 10 days AFTER your last day of work. If your visa expires while you are waiting for new employer visa to be approved, then the problem is a bit bigger.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wanderer05
Mood:
India

Post by wanderer05 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:51 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:05 pm
Then you would have a problem. Your current sponsor only has to inform HO within 10 days AFTER your last day of work. If your visa expires while you are waiting for new employer visa to be approved, then the problem is a bit bigger.

Thanks for the prompt revert CR001.

Current visa expiry is 2022 so that is not a concern, only switching of employee is as Home office guidelines is bit shady on what happens if rejected.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 08, 2020 4:13 pm

Nothing 'shady'. If you have left your current tier 2 sponsor and a new tier 2 change of employer is rejected, you have to stop working, as clearly stated in the COVID-19 update.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
If you’ve applied for a Tier 2 or 5 visa and are waiting for a decision on your application
You can start work before your visa application has been decided if:

you’ve been assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)
you submitted your application before your current visa expired and you show your sponsor evidence of this
the job you start is the same as the one listed on your CoS

If your application is eventually rejected as invalid or refused your sponsor will stop sponsoring you and you must stop working for them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.