ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Massive Thank You All

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

WhatsApp Screenshots Advise Please

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am

Hi Good people.
Am just getting ready for my spousal visa and my Mrs is my sponsor. Question is whether WhatsApp screenshots would be acceptable if they don't show sponsor name and number. Mine shows "Wife" and WhatsApp don't show number.
Any suggestions please from those who applied successfully.

PS. What a great community we have, very helpful. Thank you all.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: WhatsApp Screenshots Advise Please

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:53 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 am
. Mine shows "Wife" and WhatsApp don't show number.
From that end the chat/video call logs can be attached.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 pm

Thank you seagul. Am not sure I get what you mean. The call logs doesn't show her name either.
Would you advise me to change name from "Wife" to real name xxxx on the phone and take the screenshots again? I have literally hundreds of them.
Secondly I realise the screenshots before marriage also show as "Wife". Would this bring confusion to eco you think?
Please advise

ms1993
Member of Standing

Post by ms1993 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:12 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:10 pm
Thank you seagul. Am not sure I get what you mean. The call logs doesn't show her name either.
Would you advise me to change name from "Wife" to real name xxxx on the phone and take the screenshots again? I have literally hundreds of them.
Secondly I realise the screenshots before marriage also show as "Wife". Would this bring confusion to eco you think?
Please advise
Hi

You have two options

1) Change her contact name to her actual name and What’s App will show that
2) Delete her contact and what’s app will show her number when you screenshot

I did Option 2 for my evidence but from advice on this forum - it doesn’t matter either way as long as the conversations are genuine and have not been fabricated. It may help to have some screenshots form both sides to show numbers communicating with each other - I did. Again, not a necessity.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Would you advise me to change name from "Wife" to real name xxxx on the phone and take the screenshots again
From now onward you can change it to partner's name but previous chat with "wife" is fine. You can also attach facebook chat, email messages and phone call records as well.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:28 pm

seagul wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:17 pm
Manugmedia wrote:
Would you advise me to change name from "Wife" to real name xxxx on the phone and take the screenshots again
From now onward you can change it to partner's name but previous chat with "wife" is fine. You can also attach facebook chat, email messages and phone call records as well.
Thank you seagul
Thank you ms1993

Really appreciated

fiancespousequeries
Newly Registered

Post by fiancespousequeries » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm

Rather than screenshots you can export your entire chat log with her.

Nicknames shouldnt really matter, but if you are concerned about it, you can open the chat log in MS Word or Notepad and do a find and replace, finding 'wife' and replace with her name.

I had a rude name for my fiance :roll: so replaced it with her real name.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:18 pm

fiancespousequeries wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:15 pm
Rather than screenshots you can export your entire chat log with her.

Nicknames shouldnt really matter, but if you are concerned about it, you can open the chat log in MS Word or Notepad and do a find and replace, finding 'wife' and replace with her name.

I had a rude name for my fiance :roll: so replaced it with her real name.
Extracting to Word etc means it can be edited and considering 'non geniune' in a lot of cases. Screenshots are far better and preferred by HO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Landlord / Employer Letter, will it suffice?

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Hello Good People,
First let me thank you for this wonderful forum. i have finally started my Spouse Visa application and i am looking for help and guidance. i will be submitting early January next year and i have drafted a letter for my wife's (Sponsor) landlord and employer just to show them how we want it to look like. Please anybody advise if this will suffice or there is anything i may be missing 8)

Landlord Letter
Date

To the Entry Clearance Officer, UK Home Office

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: XXXX Spouse Accommodation

I, Landlord Name, can confirm that I am the landlord / Owner of the xx bedroom property located at xxxx

I can confirm there are xx bedrooms, living room and two separate bathroom and toilet at this property.

I can confirm xxxx has lived in the property since January 2018 as a tenant and has never missed a month’s rent. I have been informed that xxxx husband will be living with her when he arrives in the UK and I have no objection to him living at her accommodation, once he has successfully completed the visa application process and has provided me with the relevant official visa documentation from the UK home office confirming he is legally able to live in the UK.

There are currently xx persons living at the address and each have their own separate accommodation. Please also be notified that this will not break the Housing Overcrowding Act.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on *****

Yours Faithfully,
Employer Letter
Date

Re: xxxxxx Employment

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept this letter of confirmation that xxxxx is a permanent full time employee of xxxx in United Kingdom

Date of Employment: xxxx
Employee Contract Status: Permanent, Full Time
Contracted Hours: 48 Hrs per Week
Role: xxxxx
Pay Rate: Week Night Hours paid at £8.41 / Hour
                Weekend Night Hours Paid at £8.61 / Hour
                Week Day Hours Paid at £8.21 / Hour
Overtime: Overtime is non contractual, however  is paid at his standard hourly rate + £1.50 for any overtime worked.

I can also confirm her total Gross pay for the last six months as follows:
	July 2019 - £1905.86
	August 2019 - £2136.24
	September 2019 - £2446.70
	October 2019 - £2029.71
	November 2019 - £xxxx.xx
	December 2019 - £xxxx.xx
Should you require any further information, please let me know via ___Phone  Number________ or via email ___Address____

...................................................................................................................................
Thanks in advance.

Signed
Thanks All

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Landlord / Employer Letter, will it suffice?

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:34 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:04 pm

Landlord Letter
Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: XXXX Spouse Accommodation

I, Landlord Name, can confirm that I am the landlord / Owner of the xx bedroom property located at xxxx

I can confirm there are xx bedrooms, living room and two separate bathroom and toilet at this property.

I can confirm xxxx has lived in the property since January 2018 as a tenant and has never missed a month’s rent. I have been informed that xxxx husband will be living with her when he arrives in the UK and I have no objection to him living at her accommodation, once he has successfully completed the visa application process and has provided me with the relevant official visa documentation from the UK home office confirming he is legally able to live in the UK.

There are currently xx persons living at the address and each have their own separate accommodation. Please also be notified that this will not break the Housing Overcrowding Act.

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me on *****

Yours Faithfully,
Add couple of sentences more into it regarding that landlord wont have any issue if you starts living there on getting your visa. Also the landlord confirms that there wont be any overcrowding under housing act 1984.
Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:04 pm
Employer Letter
Date

Re: xxxxxx Employment

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept this letter of confirmation that xxxxx is a permanent full time employee of xxxx in United Kingdom

Date of Employment: xxxx
Employee Contract Status: Permanent, Full Time
Contracted Hours: 48 Hrs per Week
Role: xxxxx
Pay Rate: Week Night Hours paid at £8.41 / Hour
                Weekend Night Hours Paid at £8.61 / Hour
                Week Day Hours Paid at £8.21 / Hour
Overtime: Overtime is non contractual, however  is paid at his standard hourly rate + £1.50 for any overtime worked.

I can also confirm her total Gross pay for the last six months as follows:
	July 2019 - £1905.86
	August 2019 - £2136.24
	September 2019 - £2446.70
	October 2019 - £2029.71
	November 2019 - £xxxx.xx
	December 2019 - £xxxx.xx
Should you require any further information, please let me know via ___Phone  Number________ or via email ___Address____

...................................................................................................................................
Thanks in advance.

Signed
Thanks All
employer letter looks fine

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:43 pm

thank you @seagul :D
we are waiting for her payslip this month as she will only get holiday pay which is around £1700 for the month, hope you wont mind confirming to us if we can apply under category A.
Just panicking to get everything right.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:47 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:43 pm
thank you @seagul :D
we are waiting for her payslip this month as she will only get holiday pay which is around £1700 for the month, hope you wont mind confirming to us if we can apply under category A.
Just panicking to get everything right.
Yes holiday pay will be counted same as like normal pay and usually a wage amounting at least £1550 per month can satisfy the requirement assuming there is no additional dependant. Yes you can apply under category A if working for same employer from at least 6 months.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:55 pm

thank you so much @seagul :D

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Bank Statement Scanning

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:52 am

Hi Good People,

We have delayed our app till next month and i am worried about the bank statements. basically my Mrs (Sponsor) bank statements are from Loyd's and on top of each page it gives a page number for example 1 of 4, but the second page is counted as overleaf page which is usually blank and only serialised as page 2 in very small print.
Should we scan these blank pages of just scan the ones with transaction items and or should we mention it in the covering letter?
any advice is very much appreciated.
Thanks alot

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bank Statement Scanning

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:06 am

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:52 am
Hi Good People,

We have delayed our app till next month and i am worried about the bank statements. basically my Mrs (Sponsor) bank statements are from Loyd's and on top of each page it gives a page number for example 1 of 4, but the second page is counted as overleaf page which is usually blank and only serialised as page 2 in very small print.
Should we scan these blank pages of just scan the ones with transaction items and or should we mention it in the covering letter?
any advice is very much appreciated.
Thanks alot
Minor matter, should not cost you anything if you scan all pages. If mindful of size, scan in grey or there are apps to reduce the size.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:31 am

thank you @AmazonianX

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Bank Statement Page Number Discrepancy

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm

Hi All,

further to my question on statement scanning had issue with LLoyd's bank statement where page number on top doesn't match with page number in small print on the side, i have pages that say 2 of 4 on top but on the side its written page 5 0f 6 /xxxxx/xxxxx.
The pages they sent are not complete in order as well but have address, opening balance transactions and closing balance
Anybody used LLoyd's statements like this? please advise as am worried this will go wrong.
sorry i cant attach a screenshot.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Bank Statement Page Number Discrepancy

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:33 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:06 pm
Hi All,

further to my question on statement scanning had issue with LLoyd's bank statement where page number on top doesn't match with page number in small print on the side, i have pages that say 2 of 4 on top but on the side its written page 5 0f 6 /xxxxx/xxxxx.
The pages they sent are not complete in order as well but have address, opening balance transactions and closing balance
Anybody used LLoyd's statements like this? please advise as am worried this will go wrong.
sorry i cant attach a screenshot.
This should not be a problem if for each month the statements you upload shows inflow of your gross income as paid by your employer and stated in your letter from employer.
If still worried, you can walk into branch of Lloyds Bank and print off full set of statements as required.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:33 pm
This should not be a problem if for each month the statements you upload shows inflow of your gross income as paid by your employer and stated in your letter from employer.
If still worried, you can walk into branch of Lloyds Bank and print off full set of statements as required.
Thank so much @AmazonianX. i will ask my Mrs if she can get full statement from the bank.

Another question is that she gets paid on 4 weekly basis and one statement for December shows no payment from employer but the pay is reflected twice on November bank statement, is this a problem or should i mention it in cover letter.

Thanks alot for your advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:08 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:59 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Thank so much @AmazonianX. i will ask my Mrs if she can get full statement from the bank.

Another question is that she gets paid on 4 weekly basis and one statement for December shows no payment from employer but the pay is reflected twice on November bank statement, is this a problem or should i mention it in cover letter.

Thanks alot for your advice
To get this clear, the two payments that showed in November pay slips are for what months and what payment showed in statement for December and was there any in January?
Explanation in cover letter as regards receiving payment every 4 weeks should suffice.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:43 pm

AmazonianX wrote:

To get this clear, the two payments that showed in November pay slips are for what months and what payment showed in statement for December and was there any in January?
Explanation in cover letter as regards receiving payment every 4 weeks should suffice.
Yes October pay appeared on 25 Oct and November pay on 25 Nov, same day as statement closing date.
Bank statement date is from 22 to 22.

Another question is now that she is paid 4 weekly are we eligible to apply under category A as long as every gross pay is above 1550?

thanks alot

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm

yes there is a pay for December and January on each statements

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 pm

Manugmedia wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:44 pm
yes there is a pay for December and January on each statements
Under 4 weekly wages system usually once a year you receives two payments which is pretty normal. Yes wages of £1550 a month usually is sufficient assuming there is no additional dependant.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Post by Manugmedia » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:29 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:52 pm
Under 4 weekly wages system usually once a year you receives two payments which is pretty normal. Yes wages of £1550 a month usually is sufficient assuming there is no additional dependant.
Thanks seagul. Yes there is no dependants at all.

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

HMO Licence, Please help

Post by Manugmedia » Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:48 pm

Hello Good People,

I sent an email to my Wife (Sponsor) landlord requesting for a letter of no objection and assistance in applying for property inspection report and he has replied as below:
Morning XXX,
Unfortunately, I do not have a HMO licence to allow 5 people to live at the property.
The limit for not needing a licence in the first place is a maximum of 4 people sharing in one property.
I could apply for a licence but there is a cost to do that, can we discuss as soon as possible, maybe this weekend?
Kind regards,
Basically the house is shared and only one room is occupied. we also don,t have intention of living there as we are planning to move to a two bed house once my visa is approved. I have checked the cost of the said HMO licence and its too expensive (£820).
Please someone help do i really need the licence? can property inspection be done without the licence and how can we approach this issue.
Any ideas will be highly appreciated.