ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cohabitation evidence query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

strssdspouse
Newly Registered
Zambia

Cohabitation evidence query

Post by strssdspouse » Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm

Hi guys,

Hoping you can help me out. I'm cutting it pretty fine and will be submitting my application in the next week or so and wanted to find out if I have enough correspondence to cover the 2 year period before I submit my Spouse Visa (first) Extension. I came to the UK in Nov 2017 and my current BRP expires on 15th Aug 2020. I'm planning to submit my application this Saturday the 18th of Jul.

Me and my husband own our property but have only lived here since June 2019. Prior to that we lived with my parents and did not pay any of the utility bills. My husband is lacking a lot of correspondence in 2018 due to him just being lazy and not changing address over from when he lived with his parents and also due to the fact that although he changed his address with his bank, his online statements don't reflect this.

I have the following items for the following dates and wondering if this will be enough or if we'll be questioned. Particularly for 2018:

June 2020 - Council Tax - joint names (1)
Feb 2020 - Severn Trent - Joint names (1)
Oct 2019 - British Gas - Joint names (1)
June 2019 - Help to buy Closing letters from banks - my and husband's - separate (2)
March 2019 - Agreement in principle for mortgage - joint names (1)
Dec 2018 - Bank statment for oct to dec - husband (1)
Jul 2018 - Bank overdraft letter - mine (1)

I also have a letter from my parents stating we lived with them from January 2018 to June 2019 and a bank letter from aug 2018 which I can also add in.

will this be enough or will it cause issues the fact that we both don't have letters in Dec and In Jul and it's does this adequately cover 2 years and meet the "spread out evenly" requirement? Don't know how strict they are with this but it's causing me major stress and anxiety.

Any help would be appreciated.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Cohabitation evidence query

Post by geoeng » Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:07 am

strssdspouse wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm
I also have a letter from my parents stating we lived with them from January 2018 to June 2019 and a bank letter from aug 2018 which I can also add in.

will this be enough or will it cause issues the fact that we both don't have letters in Dec and In Jul and it's does this adequately cover 2 years and meet the "spread out evenly" requirement? Don't know how strict they are with this but it's causing me major stress and anxiety.

I don't think it has to be spread out perfectly evenly, just roughly evenly. It seems a little sparse in the August 2018 to March 2019 period so if you're able to throw in something for yourself for late 2018/early 2019 and something for your husband for July - Sept 2018, it may be helpful. I doubt anyone here can say for sure how strict they are in applying this requirement, but realistically you can only provide what you have. The requirement is to have lived together since the last visa was issued, so if you have done that and can provide some evidence, you shouldn't be too concerned.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

strssdspouse
Newly Registered
Zambia

Post by strssdspouse » Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:55 pm

geoeng wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:07 am
strssdspouse wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:40 pm

It seems a little sparse in the August 2018 to March 2019 period so if you're able to throw in something for yourself for late 2018/early 2019 and something for your husband for July - Sept 2018, it may be helpful. I doubt anyone here can say for sure how strict they are in applying this requirement, but realistically you can only provide what you have. The requirement is to have lived together since the last visa was issued, so if you have done that and can provide some evidence, you shouldn't be too concerned.
Thanks, he's been to the bank this lunchtime and hopefully they can give us something for period between jul-sep 2018. I've got some bank letters from Aug 2018 and Nov 2018. So annoying that his online bank statements from 2018 now show up with our current address and not the address of where we lived before with my parents and we have no medical lets or anything for him for that period. Only stuff we have is from his old insurance company about his no claims bonus.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:02 pm

strssdspouse wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:55 pm
. So annoying that his online bank statements from 2018 now show up with our current address and not the address of where we lived before with my parents.
Due to security reason the address will remain unchanged from its corresponding time period.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.