ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new set (m) forms aug 2008

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joe777

new set (m) forms aug 2008

Post by joe777 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:04 am

new set (m) forms released for aug

20 bits of evidence now reduced to 6 !

:lol:

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:51 am

Interesting change. Guess they realized that the strength of the application was unaffected with 6 vs 20. Plus probably they were dealing with too many people freaking out with trying to find 20.
Now we will get people struggling to submit 6 and thinking that is out of line.

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:58 am

republique wrote:Now we will get people struggling to submit 6 and thinking that is out of line.
It's already starting...

http://immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=29610

(Scroll down to xigleon's post. In fairness, he has 6 docs but not all in joint names. Read on to see John's advice.)

zigleon
Newly Registered

Post by zigleon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:03 pm

I actually have about 15.....we have been preparing for the ILR since last year, needing only 6 now has made it a lot easier...

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:37 pm

zigleon wrote:I actually have about 15.....we have been preparing for the ILR since last year, needing only 6 now has made it a lot easier...
Sorry, zigleon. I didn't mean to pick on you (and misspell your name!)

Glad to hear that you have enough docs to choose from. As republique said, it shouldn't matter if you have 6 docs or 20 or 100 as long as you can satisfy the requirements for ILR.

Good luck with your application!

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:43 pm

Be wary with this one for the moment. Recent applicant was told at their appointment this week to submit ILR application by checking officer that 'we don't like only 6...we want more than that'.
Or words to that effect. When does a regulation become 'a regulation' and not a personal preference of what 'we like'? :roll:

zigleon
Newly Registered

Post by zigleon » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:51 pm

So now what........should I just include everything with letters explaning everything......overkill it or what............will it/does it hurt to include more than what is stated now...?

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Well, as you have more, I'd include them. They can't refuse the application because you have too many....and at least you won't have to argue the point regarding the new regulations.
There seems to be little consistency unfortunately. For instance, although the SET(M) form for ILR doesn't request a copy of the marriage certificate,
when applying in person recently, an applicant was turned away because they hadn't included their marriage certificate.

whirly

Post by whirly » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:29 pm

Casa,

That is so distressing! Were these cases actually rejected for bringing exactly what was asked of them (i.e. 6 docs, no marriage certificate) or merely grumbled at, then approved anyway?

I agree that it is better to bring more than the stated number/type of docs, especially for an in-person application. My motto is 'be prepared.' Still, it seems absurdly harsh to be turned away - or even just mildly chastised - for bringing the exact number.

Zigleon: are you posting your application or applying in person? I guess the moral is: choose your docs wisely, and put your best foot forward.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:52 am

Hi Whirly. In the case I've mentioned, the applicant luckily had more than 6 documents with him, and his visa was approved. Don't know what the outcome would have been if he'd only had the 6...but at the moment at personal appointments I'd be inclined to take more, just to be on the safe side.
With the Marriage certificate,which the form doesn't request for SET(M),
the applicant was sent away and told to bring the certificate back later.
:( At least not refused outright.
Last edited by Casa on Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

zigleon
Newly Registered

Post by zigleon » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:54 am

We will be posting it....

This is distressing.....we have jumped through all the hoops to get to this point and now it seems if you don't include anything they haven't asked for you may you may be refused.

We had no problems when we applied for LLR......and to be honest, I expected the ILR to be straightforward because of that.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:56 am

I think that if the application is by post, you stand more chance of them abiding by the new rules. If you have a few more documents, I'd suggest you include them. They can't refuse for supplying more than they ask for.