ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS Document Category

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brother88

Question about bills

Post by brother88 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:41 pm

Salaam,

I am getting ready to renew my wife's visa after the original one 2.5 years ago.

One issue I have come across is that we had our Gas/Electricity with "COMPANY A" for the whole of 2019 and had both our names on the bills at that time.

However, in 2020 we changed our Gas/Elec to "COMPANY B" but it only has my name (mistake of the company as originally I asked them to add both of us and they said it would be done) and it was my mistake for not checking this sooner.

We have other bills in her name eg TV license, water bill, and she has her driving license in our home address. My questions is, if her name is missing on the most recent Gas/Elec bills, will this be a problem for our application?

Thanks,
Brother88

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Question about bills

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:16 pm

brother88 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:41 pm
. My questions is, if her name is missing on the most recent Gas/Elec bills, will this be a problem for our application?
Majority of service providers initially hesitate in adding the second name to avoid their resources over credit check. However, on repetitive exhortation they usually get agreed from the risk of losing you. But unfortunately now they can't issue those bills in joint names. Just add evidences from other sources to fulfill the criteria.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brother88

Post by brother88 » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm

As mentioned we have other means to prove we lived together. is it better to just leave the gas/elec bills out of the application altogether?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:08 pm

brother88 wrote:
Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:06 pm
As mentioned we have other means to prove we lived together. is it better to just leave the gas/elec bills out of the application altogether?
Yes if other evidences are sufficient.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

brother88

UKVCAS Document Category

Post by brother88 » Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can find info/list on which type of documents exactly need to go into each catergory in the Document Upload page in UKVCAS website?

The categories are:
Proof of Identity / Travel History
Proof of Application
Other
Residence in the UK
Finances
Proof of Business
Life Events
Medical Information
Sponsors / Employment
Educational

"Category: Your supporting documents need to be submitted under the recommended categories. Our upload facility allows for this and having the right documents in the right category will make your documents easier to find and review, so we suggest that you organise and upload your supporting documents in the correct categories."

some examples for each category would be great. thanks

dhcarrara
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: UKVCAS Document Category

Post by dhcarrara » Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:27 pm

Hi @brother88

I am also looking for some clarifications on this topic.
I've found two pages where can give you some direction, here you go:

*Third party weblink removed by moderator
* https://www.immigrationboards.com/immig ... 73679.html

Cheers,
Dan

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:59 am

brother88 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm
Does anyone know where I can find info/list on which type of documents exactly need to go into each catergory in the Document Upload page in UKVCAS website?
I don't think there is any formal guidance on this issue. Just pick the one that seems most appropriate and put anything else in "Other". Not everyone would arrange their documents in the exact same way so try to do something that makes sense to you and you think would make sense to someone else. Having a suitable file name describing exactly what the file contains would also probably be helpful for making things easy to find.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:00 am

geoeng wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 6:59 am
brother88 wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:11 pm
I don't think there is any formal guidance on this issue. Just pick the one that seems most appropriate and put anything else in "Other". Not everyone would arrange their documents in the exact same way so try to do something that makes sense to you and you think would make sense to someone else. Having a suitable file name describing exactly what the file contains would also probably be helpful for making things easy to find.
The link to an explanation was already provided above.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

brother88

Post by brother88 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:31 am

Thank you everyone.