ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Change of employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hbhartanto
Newly Registered

Tier 2 General - Change of employment

Post by hbhartanto » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:10 am

Hi everyone,

I'm currently on Tier 2 General visa and I have accepted a job offer from another employer, so I will
need to apply for a new visa. I have already got the CoS from my new employer. In the Tier 2 guidance
my situation is referred to as "Change of employment".

What I'm confused is when I try to start my application on the website, the option to apply for Tier 2 General
visa from inside the UK, the options available are for "Extend" and "Switch", there is no option for "Change of employment".

Does anybody here have recently applied for a Tier 2 General visa under the "Change of employment" situation? If so, where on the website should I start my application from? Should I proceed with the "Apply online" from "Extend" page?

Thank very much!!!

checkmeifucancs
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 General - Change of employment

Post by checkmeifucancs » Thu Jul 16, 2020 10:59 am

hbhartanto wrote:
Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:10 am
Hi everyone,

I'm currently on Tier 2 General visa and I have accepted a job offer from another employer, so I will
need to apply for a new visa. I have already got the CoS from my new employer. In the Tier 2 guidance
my situation is referred to as "Change of employment".

What I'm confused is when I try to start my application on the website, the option to apply for Tier 2 General
visa from inside the UK, the options available are for "Extend" and "Switch", there is no option for "Change of employment".

Does anybody here have recently applied for a Tier 2 General visa under the "Change of employment" situation? If so, where on the website should I start my application from? Should I proceed with the "Apply online" from "Extend" page?

Thank very much!!!
Hi, I am still awaiting my UCOS to arrive. Once I will receive it, I will be in same situation as yours and update you with the steps I will take. Meanwhile, if you figure out the answer, please let me know as well. thanks

Medic11
Newly Registered
Cuba

Post by Medic11 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:04 pm

Hi,

Any advice on this? What visa do you submit when you're changing employer but you're going from one tier2 to another tier 2 visa? I would be very grateful for any advice! Thanks a lot.

ap1410
- thin ice -

Post by ap1410 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:05 pm

I did the same , use "SWITCH"