ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa extension - Within UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Covid 19- Visitor visa

Post by Busaxcape » Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 am

Hi
My mom's visa expires in the first week o f August. She is 65+ with underlying health conditions and i really dont want her to put her on a plane to India with this pandemic as the planes are a Covid haven. As per the guidance the visa extension ends on the 31st May. Is there any possibility for me to extend her visitor visa for another 6 months from within UK?D
As they visas expiring previously were extended can we expect an extension until september or December automatically?
Thanks
BX

secret.simon

Re: Covid 19- Visitor visa

Post by secret.simon » Tue May 19, 2020 8:22 am

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 am
As they visas expiring previously were extended can we expect an extension until september or December automatically?
No, we can't expect it. No such concession has been announced so far and I would not expect it, especially as it is likely that the virus will likely recede in the summer months.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Visitor visa extension - Within UK

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am

Hi my Mother's visa is due to expire on the 3rd of august and I wanted to know if I can apply to extend from the UK. I read through the guidance and it doesn't specifically state for visitors. I called the home office team and they said you cannot apply for an extension after 31st July and you wont be able to extend. The guy on the phone sounded more like a broken record as he was stating the same response for what ever you ask him.
I am not sure if that is the training provided for the guys.
Anyways :
The below is from UKBA;
"You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)"
So not sure if i can apply for my mom . If yes what is the form I should apply for? the cost from within country is £95 and from the UK is £995. So I am not sure if its the same thing.
Can any one advise?
Thanks

Manugmedia
Ethiopia

Re: Visitor visa extension - Within UK

Post by Manugmedia » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:51 am

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am
Hi my Mother's visa is due to expire on the 3rd of august and I wanted to know if I can apply to extend from the UK. I read through the guidance and it doesn't specifically state for visitors. I called the home office team and they said you cannot apply for an extension after 31st July and you wont be able to extend. The guy on the phone sounded more like a broken record as he was stating the same response for what ever you ask him.
Anyways :
The below is from UKBA;
"You can also apply from the UK if your leave expires after 31 July 2020 but you urgently need to make a new application, for example to start a new job or course of study, and cannot leave the UK to make an application from overseas. This includes applications to switch into a different work route or to change jobs in the same route using a new Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS)"
So not sure if i can apply for my mom . If yes what is the form I should apply for? the cost from within country is £95 and from the UK is £995. So I am not sure if its the same thing.
Can any one advise?
Thanks
Honestly am not an expert but would say if the visa was issued for 6 months, there is no way to extend within. For once it expires after 31July grace period and ordinarily you cannot extend a visitor visa. i read some guidance here on conditions to extend a visitors visa."You may be able to extend your visa as long as the total time you spend in the UK is less than 6 months"
Also i would guess there is a big chance of refusal which will definitely complicate future applications.

That's just my two cents.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 21, 2020 11:15 am

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:33 am
Anyways :
The below is from UKBA;
Can any one advise?
Thanks
Temporary concessions aren't repetitive & perpetual and given the present speed of easing the lockdown there is no chance of any further concession. Therefore, she must leave to keep save her present (visit) visa.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Thanks all. There are currently no flights to India as its under lockdown other than the repatriation flights.
Surely the home office is aware of this and provide an extension or allow to extend?
SK

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:39 pm

Busaxcape wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:35 pm
Thanks all. There are currently no flights to India as its under lockdown other than the repatriation flights.
Surely the home office is aware of this and provide an extension or allow to extend?
SK
So why can't she take a repatriation flight?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Busaxcape
Newly Registered
India

Post by Busaxcape » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:13 pm

I have tried booking a repatriation flight and currently there are no flights to any of the preferred locations - Kochin, Bengaluru or Chennai. Not sure when these will be available as well.

hotmale
India

Post by hotmale » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:50 pm

I agree as I am in same boat its next to impossible to book tickets based on current ticket allocation not sure whats next mums visit visa expiring first week of aug

Hellopino
Mood:

Post by Hellopino » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:57 pm

Also facing the same situation here. My mum’s visa is expiring in the first week of August. PIA flight was cancelled due to its ban in Uk dated 31.07.2020. Booked flight with Qater airways dated 04.08.2020 being cancelled by airline due to operational reason.

There is no other flights, the ones available are costing more than 3000.00 only a one way ticket.
What shall I do? Any senior member advise please.