ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family permit via SS & Previous Divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Elochka63
Newly Registered
Russia

EEA Family permit via SS & Previous Divorce

Post by Elochka63 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:40 am

Hi Community, I would like to ask your help and advise on the following information.
I am trying to apply for the EEA Family permit via SS route (my husband is a UK national, and we have been living and working in Italy)
One of the requirements for EEA Family Permit is to provide a list of all previous visas. I had three visas: 2011 student, and two tourists visas obtained in 2019 (specified that I was going to visit a family of my fiancee).
My serious worry is that in all three visa’s applications I was always specifying that I had "a single status”. However, I have been previously married and divorced in 2009 in Russia.
I know that for the Spose Visa it would be an important point to provide more information about previous marriage, divorce, pervious husband data, and maybe to describe in the Cover Letter the reason why I haven’t ever mentioned it in my application 😒.
Just to add, me and my husband got married this year in Italy. To do so, he was obliged to ask a non-impediment certificate at the UK Embassy in Italy and has provided all my divorced documents to them.

Is it the same for the EEA Family Permit via SS? Should I worry about it? Should I provide a Cover Letter or less info provided = less triggers for other questions to be asked?

I didn’t find anything among listed requirements, just in the application form a question if I was ever married before (answered that Yes right now).
It really bothers me as I am afraid to be treated as I 'lied' in the previous applications. :cry:

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA Family permit via Surinder Singh route & Previous Divorce

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:24 am

Hello

A misrepresentation is a misrepresentation. There is no way you can add a letter that makes it reasonable and justifiable that you lied in previous applications.

There is no need to highlight what happened in past by adding a letter. Just submit your application truthfully and correctly documented. If they ask about any discrepancy with past applications, you can then send your letter and explain.