ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to UK Entry restrictions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Santhoshm
Newly Registered
India

Travel to UK Entry restrictions

Post by Santhoshm » Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:24 am

Hi ,

My wife and my son hold Tier 2 Dependent visa (valid till February,2023). They have to come India in March,2020 and now they have come back to London from India in September,2020. Is there any travel restriction for them.

My parents have to come to London from India in September,2020. They currently hold 2years visitors visa (valid till Jan 2022).

Could you please let me know if there is any entry restriction for them.

As we are not finding Air India flights for their travel, we are planning to book Lufthansa or Air France. Could you please let me know if there is any entry restriction for them

Thanks,
Santhosh

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travel to UK Entry restrictions

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:00 am

Currently there are no restrictions on entry except that self-isolation for 14 days is required after arrival from countries which are not on the list of safe countries - see UK government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -corridors
Clearly things can change between now and September.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:03 am

Santhoshm wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:24 am
My parents have to come to London from India in September,2020.
Why do they "have to come"? I would suggest that travel now is best avoided.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:30 pm

You are asking about September in a situation where anything can change tomorrow. Just see what happened to these people who went to Spain for holidays. Thousands of them are stuck home due to quarantine rules introduced overnight, without warning and applicable immediately.

As there are no direct flights, your parents would be exposed to rules change in the UK, in India and also in any country they transit from.

The whole endeavour seems risky. It's your call but you won't find any definitive answers online. If you feel the risk is worth it, buy a ticket. But make sure you get something refundable if possible. Airline companies are protecting themselves with fine print in case you can't travel so they keep a big chunk of the money.