ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse/Partner Visa - Please Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mutambandaisa
Newly Registered

Spouse/Partner Visa - Please Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Mutambandaisa » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:24 am

I met my wife in 2002, whilst she was on visitors' Visa. There was a mix up at that time, we all thought she could get a student visa when she started her nurse training. She applied for a visa when she started the training and she was turned down but managed to stay on the course on bursary till she qualified about a year ago.

We have been living together since 2002 and have 2 kids. I was on work permit visa and recently got my live to remain (in April this year).

Last year i extended my work permit and i included her as my dependent with my son. My son got the same status as i had but my wife was turned down. I appealed last year and i am still waiting for Home Office respond.

Could anyone advise me what i need to do to sort out my wife's immigration. It has been costing me in solicitors' fees.

Post by 4444 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:44 am

have you got ILR now or you are still a work permit holder. if you have now settled ,your wife can now apply for an in-county human rights (article 8 )application based on Chikwamba caselaw. your name sounds zimbabwean. are yu?

good luck

Mutambandaisa
Newly Registered

Post by Mutambandaisa » Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Yes, I have ILR now. I was advised to go back home and and apply for her Visa. I dont know if this can work.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:04 pm

I would ask your solicitor to look at the Chikwamba case...you seem to qualify in all respects. This would avoid your wife having to return to Zim to apply.