ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning to the UK after 20 year Absence (UK Spouse VIsa)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Xcelency
Newly Registered

Returning to the UK after 20 year Absence (UK Spouse VIsa)

Post by Xcelency » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:33 am

Hi everyone,

I apologise if this topic has been covered, I did search, but I am suffering from information overload and no closer to getting an answer to my question, so here goes.

Covid-19 has done some serious damage to my career and it has made me realise that being out here in SE Asia is wonderful, but the moment you need assistance from ANYONE, even the UK Gov, you are on your own!

Anyway, so here is my situation. I am a UK Citizen other than by birth and my two children are UK Citizens by birth. My wife is a Vietnamese citizen.

I have managed to get myself a job with a company who wants me to go back to the UK as their part time chief representative. Salary will be £19,500 per annum paid into my UK account from Singapore.

My plan is to return to the UK with the kids in September '20. If I made application for my wife's Spouse Visa in March '21, would working for a foreign company as their chief rep in the UK be considered sufficient evidence of employment?

Thanks for your help everyone.

geoeng
Canada

Re: Returning to the UK after 20 year Absence (UK Spouse VIsa)

Post by geoeng » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:23 am

Is the company registered in the UK? Would you be paying tax on your income in the UK? If not, you may not be considered to be employed in the UK, which would be a requirement if you were using employment income to meet the financial requirement.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Xcelency
Newly Registered

Re: Returning to the UK after 20 year Absence (UK Spouse VIsa)

Post by Xcelency » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:33 am

It's up to me, so if needed, then I will register a company branch or LLC in the UK and yes, will be paying NI and Tax.

I don't want to give HMG any reason to give me a hard time when applying for my wife's visa. Plus, I have been paying tax here in Asia and received nothing in return. In the UK, I get NHS and free education for my kids.... I think it's only fair that I contribute my share!