ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question re who does my child normally live with? - SET (LR)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hobba2008
Palestine

Question re who does my child normally live with? - SET (LR)

Post by hobba2008 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:49 pm

Dear Experts,
I am applying for ILR SET (LR) today and have been met with some puzzling questions on the application. I found answers on this fab forum for so many questions apart from the one below, which I hope you can help me with:

Q) Who does (Child Name) normally live with?
- You
- Your Partner
- None

Context: I am applying for the long residence (LR) route. My wife and I live together and we take care of our child together. I do not know how to answer the above question because the right answer should be tht the child lives with US (my wife and I).
If I answer "You", shall my wife answer "You" when she applies? She will apply today separately as well.

I appreciate if you can help me with this question.

Best wishes,

Hobba

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Re: Question re who does my child normally live with? - SET (LR)

Post by seagul » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:23 pm

That question shouldn't have been asked as it doesn't allow anyone to include, however, if it is still not letting the application to move then select "you".
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:23 am

You simply have to say they live with you. None of those relationship-related questions are important. Long residence ILR has nothing to do with your partner/children as you must qualify on your own and their status is not relevant.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:04 pm

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

I have another three questions please.

Q1) I entered the UK on the 2/9/2010, so I assumed that I complete 10 years on 2/9/2020, in which case If I apply 28 days before, would be today (6th of August). Is that right? I saw so many posts about how to calculate that I got confused. I was thinking to apply on Saturday 8/8 just to be assured I am not in any case breaching the regulations. Could you please clarify if 6/8 is 28 days or 27 days?

Q2) My understanding is that for SET (O), absences must be authorised. Is this the case for SET (LR)? I am currently on Tier 2 permit.

Q3) To evidence my absences from the UK, I prepared an excel spreadsheet, and calculated durations based on exit from UK and entry to the UK. Do I need to signpost to the pages where each stamp of exit and entry are? Unfortunately, the UKVI do not stamp passports on exit, hence the question.

Thank you in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Q1) I entered the UK on the 2/9/2010, so I assumed that I complete 10 years on 2/9/2020, in which case If I apply 28 days before, would be today (6th of August). Is that right? I saw so many posts about how to calculate that I got confused. I was thinking to apply on Saturday 8/8 just to be assured I am not in any case breaching the regulations. Could you please clarify if 6/8 is 28 days or 27 days?
Fine. You could have applied from yesterday. https://www.timeanddate.com/date/datead ... ad=28&rec=
Q2) My understanding is that for SET (O), absences must be authorised. Is this the case for SET (LR)? I am currently on Tier 2 permit.
No it isn't required for ILR LR. Set(O) and SET(LR) are two completely different routes with completely different rules and requirements.
Q3) To evidence my absences from the UK, I prepared an excel spreadsheet, and calculated durations based on exit from UK and entry to the UK. Do I need to signpost to the pages where each stamp of exit and entry are? Unfortunately, the UKVI do not stamp passports on exit, hence the question.
You simply need to scan and upload all your biometric and stamped pages of your passports. You do not need a schedule. You simply need to list your absences in the form as stated and required. UKVI have their own means and records to check your absence.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:26 pm

Thank you very much. This is really very helpful. One last question, perhaps :) I was not really planning to ask but it's the reassurance that I am seeking as I am nervous that a time I've been waiting for as long as 10 years is finally on my lap!

The question re the question on the application about family, friends and social ties in a country that the applicant has lived in for more than 5 years. Does this include the UK? I lived now 10 years in the UK. I initially thought it is for countries other than the UK, but when I saw this morning on the LR Guidance that case workers can look at (age and strength of connections in the UK) as factors to strengthen a case, I started to wonder whether I need to include those answers pertinent to the UK.

Best wishes,
Hobba

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:56 pm

Not important at all. Write what you like
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:06 pm

Hello,
Thank you very much for your advice. I submitted my application and paid the fees this morning. I have been redirected to UKVCAS to book an appointment and upload documents. I could not find any free or premium appointments. I also have seen no space to upload mandatory documents such as passpport. There are Optional document section which includes several types of documents, none of them is for passport or BRP.

Any advice on this matter please?

Kind regards,
Hobba

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:13 pm

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 99639.html

Follow the above thread for queries related to biometrics.

RE: Passport has to be uploaded in the “proof of application” category, it clearly states that if you open the category.

All other categories are generic, just upload documents in whichever category you think fits best.

The website works like that. All other categories are in “optional”. Ignore that and just upload.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 96002.html
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:13 pm

RE: Passport has to be uploaded in the “proof of application” category, it clearly states that if you open the category.

All other categories are generic, just upload documents in whichever category you think fits best.

The website works like that. All other categories are in “optional”. Ignore that and just upload.

Thank you. I will ask in the other thread.

Just to let you know that in the the pot you referred me to, passport is in the list of "Proof of Identity".

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:52 pm

hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

Thank you. I will ask in the other thread.

Just to let you know that in the the pot you referred me to, passport is in the list of "Proof of Identity".
I know. This is generic list.

If you open up your UKVCAS portal, open the category “proof of application” and you will see, the system will ask about your passport. Read it there.

Note, usually when more than 1 applicant is added in the same account, somehow the UKVCAS asks to upload passport in the “proof of identity”.

If only one applicant is involved, portal always asks to upload passport in the “proof of application.”
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:00 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:52 pm
hobba2008 wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:36 pm
CULLINAN wrote:

If you open up your UKVCAS portal, open the category “proof of application” and you will see, the system will ask about your passport. Read it there.

Note, usually when more than 1 applicant is added in the same account, somehow the UKVCAS asks to upload passport in the “proof of identity”.

If only one applicant is involved, portal always asks to upload passport in the “proof of application.”
No, it does not ask. Opening any of the sub-categories does only allows you to upload a document and add a description. It does not infer what type of document to upload as an example.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:31 pm

The proof of application is the ONLY category that does state what to upload:

“The passport issued by (NATION) for (Name)”

For reference see attached:
Attachments
22AE5356-C896-4116-A237-5CCE1D1BBA83.jpeg
22AE5356-C896-4116-A237-5CCE1D1BBA83.jpeg (47.85 KiB) Viewed 598 times

hobba2008
Palestine

Post by hobba2008 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:29 am

Thank you. I think we might be talking about different applications. In my case, all fields have the same description.
This is the Proof of Application in my case. I do not know how to upload an image here so I'll paste the text underneath the Proof of Application:

Upload a file
Description (optional)

For example, year or other description

My uploaded files

No files have been uploaded.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:20 am

hobba2008 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:29 am
Thank you. I think we might be talking about different applications. In my case, all fields have the same description.
This is the Proof of Application in my case. I do not know how to upload an image here so I'll paste the text underneath the Proof of Application:

Upload a file
Description (optional)

For example, year or other description

My uploaded files

No files have been uploaded.
Dont worry about that. As previously said all categories are generic.
As long you upload all documents required in whichever category you think fits the best is ok.
Current passport usually is asked to be uploaded in “proof of application” but you can also use “proof of identity.”