ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Finance requirement

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Finance requirement

Post by iamthankful » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm

I will be applying soon to extend my partner visa and the financial requirement for me to meet is £18,600. I currently earn over £60k, do I need to include my spouse's salary too, seeing as my salary already exceeds the requirement?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Finance requirement

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:27 pm

do I need to include my spouse's salary too, seeing as my salary already exceeds the requirement?
No you don't. Only one of you need to meet the requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Post by iamthankful » Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:30 pm

Thanks for clarifying

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:45 pm

iamthankful wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm
I will be applying soon to extend my partner visa and the financial requirement for me to meet is £18,600. I currently earn over £60k, do I need to include my spouse's salary too, seeing as my salary already exceeds the requirement?
And keeping it to one person reduces the load of documents to be provided and reduces the likelihood of CW getting confused or mixing things up.

iamthankful
Newly Registered

Post by iamthankful » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:48 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:45 pm
iamthankful wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:22 pm
And keeping it to one person reduces the load of documents to be provided and reduces the likelihood of CW getting confused or mixing things up.
That's true. Thank you.