ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS Dependent T2 to ILR - Financial & Cohabitation requirements

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

PBS Dependent T2 to ILR - Financial & Cohabitation requirements

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Hello,

I've just submitted my ILR application using SET (O) form. I've been living in the UK for little over 5 years on the PBS Dependent Tier - 2 General visa. My husband has already become a naturalised citizen on the same T2 - General route. I am little bit unsure about following requirements, wondering if anyone can help me with this.

- Financial requirement

Since my husband is sponsoring the application, does he need to provide both last six months Bank Statement and Payslips?

- Cohabitation

I read a comment from one of the moderators of this forum that it is required with ILR application. Here is the link to the post: https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 04310.html

Please could someone help me direct to cohabitation requirement document so that I could learn more about it.

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS Dependent T2 to ILR - Financial & Cohabitation requirements

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:14 pm

1. Have you registered a second username to post?? This is strictly NOT permitted on the forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/member/chattokhan/

2. Where exactly is it asking or stating about financial requirement?? Form or checklist??

3. You have to prove subsisting relationship, as clearly stated in the Immigration Rules and the PBS Dependent guidance noted. To prove subsisting relationship, UKVI expects to see two years evidence of cohabitation, in either joint names or addressed to each of you individually, from 3 to 6 difference sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. If you do not submit this, your application will be delayed and you will be asked to submit it with a very short timeframe to do it in.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:31 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:14 pm
1. Have you registered a second username to post?? This is strictly NOT permitted on the forum.

https://www.immigrationboards.com/member/chattokhan/

2. Where exactly is it asking or stating about financial requirement?? Form or checklist??

3. You have to prove subsisting relationship, as clearly stated in the Immigration Rules and the PBS Dependent guidance noted. To prove subsisting relationship, UKVI expects to see two years evidence of cohabitation, in either joint names or addressed to each of you individually, from 3 to 6 difference sources spread evenly for every 3 to 4 months. If you do not submit this, your application will be delayed and you will be asked to submit it with a very short timeframe to do it in.

Thanks for the quick response.

1. No, this my only account. The one you mentioned is my husband's account.

2. Family consent document where the third party consent is required for the financial support so I supposed they need a consent for the supporting document verification which could either be bank statement or payslip. But cannot find requirement what it needs to be.

3. I cannot seem to find it in the SET (O) guidance, any pointer to the guidance document where it is mentioned, will be appreciated.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm

There is no financial requirement for ILR via PBS route. Note the consent form has 3 parts. Applicant signs Part 1. Part 2 and Part 3 are only to be signed IF they apply in your case. It clearly states who needs to sign Part 2 & Part 3.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm

CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm
There is no financial requirement for ILR via PBS route. Note the consent form has 3 parts. Applicant signs Part 1. Part 2 and Part 3 are only to be signed IF they apply in your case. It clearly states who needs to sign Part 2 & Part 3.
Thanks CULLINAN.

Part 3 is confusing where it states "
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration
" -- I am the applicant but I don't exactly know what do they mean by "provide the applicant with financial support"

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 pm

DiscoverTheWorld wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:43 pm
CULLINAN wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:35 pm
Thanks CULLINAN.

Part 3 is confusing where it states "
If the information or documentation relates to another person or persons who is to provide the applicant with financial support, that person or persons* should sign the following declaration
" -- I am the applicant but I don't exactly know what do they mean by "provide the applicant with financial support"
Part 3 does not apply to your as ordinarily HO does not allow 3rd party sponsorship of visa application. Simply ignore it.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:46 pm

It means:
Given if you are relying on any sort of documents from someone who provides you financial support for example your spouse, father, mother etc, then that person should sign Part 3.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Understood :) thanks everyone

Regarding cohabitation requirement, any comment please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm

DiscoverTheWorld wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 pm
I already commented on this!!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:03 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:56 pm
DiscoverTheWorld wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 2:55 pm
I already commented on this!!

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 2-2020.pdf
Thank you, I will look into it.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm

See also Immigration Rules Part 8 - Para 319E.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)

DiscoverTheWorld
Newly Registered
Mood:

Post by DiscoverTheWorld » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:14 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:07 pm
See also Immigration Rules Part 8 - Para 319E.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
This is very helpful CR001, much appreciated.