ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info for the people waiting for citizenship ceremony!

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

space265

Info for the people waiting for citizenship ceremony!

Post by space265 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:31 pm

This is the email i recieved as an answer to my quiry!Hope this will help.
Dear Mr xyz,

Thank you for contacting us regarding your citizenship ceremony.

We are currently working hard to issue ceremony invite letters to you and also to dispatch your naturalisation/registration certificate to the local authorities. However, please appreciate that we are still dealing with the significant backlog since lockdown commenced in March.
Due to the strict social distancing measures currently in place and to ensure the safety of our staff, regrettably, resources in our Ceremonies and Citizenship Support department are extremely limited, at present.

With regards to individual ceremonies, we are aware that some local authorities have already starting offering this service however it is up to each council as to whether or not they can carry out these with social distancing measures in place. Further to this, unless you have exceptional circumstances, we are unable to accommodate requests to expedite ceremony invites/despatch of certificates at present for the reasons given above.

Our ceremonies and citizenship support team will issue your ceremony invite letter as soon as possible. Upon receipt of the invitation letter, you can make the necessary arrangements with your local authority.

I fully appreciate that you attending your citizenship ceremony is the final part of the process and please be assured that we aim to resolve this situation as quickly as possible.  Regrettably, I am unable to provide a time frame as to when we will be able to despatch the required documentation.

Yours sincerely,
Xyz

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Info for the people waiting for citizenship ceremony!

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:40 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.