ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA family permit/spouse visa/settlement visa

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Adey

EEA family permit/spouse visa/settlement visa

Post by Adey » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:31 am

Hi everyone,

I hope my message meet you well.
I will like an honest advise on this please, I and my kids got our Family permit through my sister who was our sponsor. We now all presently have residence permit.

My husband will like to join us now, what is the best permit or visa for him to apply for.
Your response will highly be appreciated.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: EEA family permit/spouse visa/settlement visa

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:38 am

Hello

The same sister needs to sponsor your husband the same way she did for you guys.

Adey

Post by Adey » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:04 pm

Thank you Zerubbabel, but he isnt financially dependant on my sister. Not sure how this will work.

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:23 pm

Adey wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:04 pm
Thank you Zerubbabel, but he isnt financially dependant on my sister. Not sure how this will work.
How are you and your children financially dependent on your sister, if your husband is not?

You yourself can't sponsor anyone until you have received permanent residence.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:27 pm

ALKB wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:23 pm
You yourself can't sponsor anyone until you have received permanent residence.
And that would be under the much stricter UK Immigration Rules, not the EEA Regulations/Appendix EU.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:00 pm

@Adey

Would u like to share some contents or list of documents you submitted when you got FP on behalf of your sister?

It will help many!!!

And may be Respected gurus can advise accordingly!!
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Mon Aug 10, 2020 7:59 am

Adey wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 5:04 pm
If he is not dependent on your sister, the EU Settlement Scheme will probably fail for him. I write "probably" because with this Scheme, I see strange things happening every day.

Now, you will be able to sponsor him once you are "Settled". This means 5 years after you got your Pre-Settled status, you will progress to Settled status. Then you may sponsor your husband under UK law. This is not an absolute right. You need to demonstrate that you earn money and have accommodation... etc. These UK rules are stricter.

What is strange on your situation, that you are in a household: yourself, your husband, your kids... then yourself and the kids are dependent on the sister while the husband is independent. I just find it curious that the Home Office accepted to pass economic boundaries inside a family cell.

hrak1978
Member of Standing

Post by hrak1978 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:13 am

@Zerubbabel

Agreed

Same household but the surprising thing is Home Office convinced.

It will be very helpful if you can summarise your case in few lines and provide some table of contents (What you have submitted).

Honestly it will help many on this gigantic forum. People are looking for different source of Knowledge.
{ I'm not a solicitor, legal professional or immigration advisor, all of my posts are based on my online search and my own PR, ILR (LR), 2 FTT and 2 UTT refused but finally after 3 years of long battle I got my SETTLED STATUS. }