ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Wrong referees?

Post by Us2and1 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm

Hi, really glad I found this forum as I THINK I've submitted unsuitable referees:
- For me: Office manager + Brand Manager
- For my husband: Store manager + Project manager
- For our 5-year-old: Office manager + Brand Manager

We were told that, especially for our child, these are not suitable (still facepalming how did we not realise this before). I'm now thinking if it would make more sense to:
a) withdraw application and submit a new one (hopefully the fees will be refunded, as we haven't applied for biometric application yet) or
b) should we wait for our case to be reviewed and potentially ask to submit new referees?
What is the process order? Is the case reviewed before we submit the biometric data or after?

Thank you!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Wrong referees?

Post by Djsuccess » Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:13 am

Us2and1 wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:56 pm
Hi, really glad I found this forum as I THINK I've submitted unsuitable referees:
- For me: Office manager + Brand Manager
- For my husband: Store manager + Project manager
- For our 5-year-old: Office manager + Brand Manager

We were told that, especially for our child, these are not suitable (still facepalming how did we not realise this before). I'm now thinking if it would make more sense to:
a) withdraw application and submit a new one (hopefully the fees will be refunded, as we haven't applied for biometric application yet) or
b) should we wait for our case to be reviewed and potentially ask to submit new referees?
What is the process order? Is the case reviewed before we submit the biometric data or after?

Thank you!
Have you attended the biometrics centre? if you haven't submitted your biometrics, you can just write a cover letter and provide the details of another referee with a new reference form, scan and upload to your account before your appointment. if you have already submitted your biometrics, you can either wait to be contacted or you can write a cover letter and provide the details of another referee with the reference form signed and send to Furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am

Hi there,

for our citizenship application we have uploaded under "Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.":
- HMRC tax returns
- Employer contracts
- Status outcome for ILR

And yet, it wasn't enough and document checking service came back to us saying that these are insufficient. I'll upload my P60s but my husband has a bigger issue as he's changed employers several times in the last 5 years. Any ideas what else would qualify as acceptable evidence?

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:12 pm

Generally, it's P60s, or letters from employers confirming employment periods, self-assessment returns for self-employed.
Alternatively, if no employment documents available for a period, Council Tax bills per year, other official communications/documents from HMRC, DWP pensions or child benefit, or similar.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

dogcat

Re: Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.

Post by dogcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 1:29 pm

Us2and1 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:55 am
Hi there,

for our citizenship application we have uploaded under "Evidence is required that applicant has been in the UK lawfully for qualifying period of 3 or 5 years.":
- HMRC tax returns
- Employer contracts
- Status outcome for ILR

And yet, it wasn't enough and document checking service came back to us saying that these are insufficient. I'll upload my P60s but my husband has a bigger issue as he's changed employers several times in the last 5 years. Any ideas what else would qualify as acceptable evidence?

Thank you!
May I ask at what stage we’re you told this information- was it at the biometrics appointment?

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:09 pm

Yes, before the appointment - we've uploaded all the scanned documents for the appointment, which was cancelled, but they've checked the documents anyway.

dogcat

Post by dogcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:29 pm

I thought it was for HO and not them to decide, anyway did they make any suggestions as to what evidence you should provide?most importantly, will you you get to book another appointment or the whole application is rejected?

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:35 pm

They haven't suggested anything, which is what is so confusing - what is acceptable??
The appointment was cancelled by them, I'll rebook it once I have all the papers and hoping they're ok.

dogcat

Post by dogcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:47 pm

Was it some sort of mega document checking payed slot or regular core service?

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 2:48 pm

It was regular core service. We did pay for it, but currently they're all payable even without any extra services.

dogcat

Post by dogcat » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:20 pm

This is absurd. I have contacted them re documents and was told that they couldn’t assist me as they don’t give immigration advice (?) Also nowhere on the applications it asks to upload ‘status outcome’ letter . I’ve just entered the date I was granted settl status and reference number of the application.

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:22 pm

We haven't uploaded Settled Status outcome because it specifically asked for it, but to get ILR you had to prove it already, so we thought that would be sufficient. Clearly not :facepalm:.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:24 pm

Did you note my earlier reply - irrespective of how specific advice came about the documents I have listed are what you need. As is pointed out regularly here UKVCAS are not immigration advisors, they are contracted to receive and process biometrics for UKVI..
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Us2and1
Newly Registered
Austria

Post by Us2and1 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:51 pm

I have seen it,thank you very much! I'll see what we can collect as previous employers are not being particularly responsive.