ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Strange situation regarding my Bio metrics

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Strange situation regarding my Bio metrics

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 pm

Can some one who is expert in this matter please give his opinion regarding my bio metrics strange situation.

I had bio metrics appointment last week at UKVCAS center for my SETM application and I was told by the officer that the finger prints of my two fingers do not match with the record (I believe he was talking about the record which home office already have for myself) He asked me whether I had any burn injury or any other type of injury to my fingers and my answer was "NO" because I had no such situation. Then he told me there is nothing to worry about as all other fingers prints of 8 fingers are fine and there is only slight change of two finger's prints. He told me he will write to Home office about this slight change.

When I came to home I realized that I had kind of fungal infection on my hands and I had used some medicine for that for about 2 weeks. It could be slight change because of that infection as that infection caused rough skin of my fingers.

I am very much worried about this situations, please can someone advise m what should I do?
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Strange situation regarding my Bio metrics

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Nothing to worry about because 8 finger prints matched. I am sure HO will write to you in case any additional steps are needed to be done.
I would probably worry only if none of the finger prints matched.

Might help:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... t_v4_0.pdf
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:22 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply and sharing the link.
do you have any information that this kind of situation happened in some other cases and they were recalled by home office and what could be next probable scenario?
Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:43 pm

ilrupdates wrote:
Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:22 pm
I am not sure about any other cases but I believe this will not be a problem.

Pages 15-20
Process if the applicant has missing or damaged fingers
 you must make 3 attempts to collect scans of the necessary quality - if after 3 attempts the scans taken are still poor, the enrolment software will use the best set of scans
 you must note on the BRP system which fingers are missing or damaged and can not be enrolled
 a biometric information supervisor must check cases where less than 5 of the middle 8 digits can be enrolled
 you must not discuss the quality of the scans with the applicant, even if the scans are still of a poor quality after 3 attempts
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.