ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 - Change of Employer Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

LRZhang12
Newly Registered
China

T2 - Change of Employer Query

Post by LRZhang12 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:24 pm

Hello!

I am currently going through the Tier 2 change of employer process. My new employer wish me to start in October and they have COS in hand but not yet assigned to me.

In terms of timeline, it take me 2 months to give notice so I am wondering whether below are the right steps (i.e. would it cause me any issues?):

1. COS assigned to me
2. Hand in notice, would curtailment letter be issued right away?
3. Submit Tier 2 application
4. Join in October

Thanks for your help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: T2 - Change of Employer Query

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm

No it is not issued immediately. Your current sponsor only informs UKVI within 10 days AFTER your last date of employment that you are no longer an employee. It is not from the date you give notice.

Bear in mind that if your new tier 2 visa is refused for any reason, you won't have a job and will have to try get a sponsor again and visa again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

LRZhang12
Newly Registered
China

Post by LRZhang12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:04 am

Thanks for your reply! Can I apply for ILR application under the current employer even if the new employer assigned a COS to me? The notice period is 2 months so would it be safe to apply for ILR first?

LRZhang12
Newly Registered
China

Post by LRZhang12 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:04 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm
No it is not issued immediately. Your current sponsor only informs UKVI within 10 days AFTER your last date of employment that you are no longer an employee. It is not from the date you give notice.

Bear in mind that if your new tier 2 visa is refused for any reason, you won't have a job and will have to try get a sponsor again and visa again.
Thanks for your reply! Can I apply for ILR application under the current employer even if the new employer assigned a COS to me? The notice period is 2 months so would it be safe to apply for ILR first?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 10:05 am

You require a letter from your current sponsor that you are needed for the foreseeable future. This wouldn't be possible if you have resigned.

UKVI will also see that you have a live cos assigned to you with a different sponsor, which will raise further doubt.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.