ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Withdrawal of COS confirmation - Tier 2 General Visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Kavi2312
Newly Registered
India

Withdrawal of COS confirmation - Tier 2 General Visa

Post by Kavi2312 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:05 pm

Hi,

Anyone has contact number of Home office to check on whether COS is withdrawn or not?

When checked with my previous employer (company B) they have informed me that, they have notified my last day of employment with home office on Aug 3rd 2020 but I am not sure yet whether my COS is withdrawn or not?

1) I was TUPE transferred from A to B company in 2019
2) My COS details are still in A company SMS Portal (After TUPE from A to B, A company employee COS details wont appear in B company SMS until applied for extension via B company)
3) B company dont have A company SMS login detials to withdraw my COS now.

So is there a quick way to get confirmation from Home office to check whether my COS is withdrawn or not, as I have got job from another employer and they are ready to sponsor a COS?

Thanks for support, much appreciated

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Withdrawal of COS confirmation - Tier 2 General Visa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:07 pm

You are misunderstanding the process. The cos isn't "withdrawn". The employer only has an obligation to inform ukvi within 10 days after your last working day, that you are no longer employers as a sponsored migrant. That's it.

Only UKVI can cancel your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kavi2312
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kavi2312 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:25 pm

Thanks for quick response.

1) But when I went through this document "Guide 1: How to report individual migrant activity"
it is mentioned, employer also needs to report in SMS as "Sponsor has stopped sponsoring migrant worker" isnt mandatory?

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tivity.pdf

2) As my previous employer confirmed that they have informed Home office about my last of employment on Aug 3rd? Is that enough for me to go ahead and ask new employer to allocate COS for me?

Thanks for the support!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:34 pm

1. That is all they have to do is simply update ukvi. Nothing else.

2. You could have asked for a cos from your new employer even while you were still employed with the other employer. Nothing prevents this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Kavi2312
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kavi2312 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:14 pm

Thanks .

One more final question,

1) Would UKVI sends any confirmation to employer that COS is cancelled (or) only curtailment letter to employee?

All I am worried is, it should not affect my new COS/Visa from new employer when I apply for it, because as per my understanding - Migrant employee can have only 1 active COS.
And I hope my previous COS is no more active since my last date of employment and home office also notified on the same. Is my understanding correct? kindly confirm

Many thanks for support!

Kavi2312
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kavi2312 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:28 pm

Sorry misunderstood , couldnt edit the previous post

1) No my previous employer did not update anything in SMS Portal that I am no more working for them/they have stopped sponsoring Migrant worker. They have only e-mailed Ukvi on my last day of employment.

Hence my question is ,
a) Whether my previous employer e- mail to ukvi on my last date of employment is enough to cancel my COS?
(or)
b) My previous employer need to report in SMS portal as well that they have stopped sponsoring me? is this mandatory too?

Kindly support

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:32 pm

1. Their obligation is to inform ukvi, that's it. The rest is up to ukvi. It is simply notifying ukvi and not cancelling anything.

A) they are not cancelling your cos. They are informing ho that you are no longer a sponsored employee. That's it.

B) your previous employer knows what their obligations are. Unclear why you are stressing about this when it is nothing you have to do for them.

You don't seem to understand how this all works.

Your previous cos was already used when your visa was issued. So you hold a visa not a cos assigned to you to apply for a visa. It is an assigned cos that you cannot have two of, or a cos assigned BEFORE you apply for a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Kavi2312
Newly Registered
India

Post by Kavi2312 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:41 pm

thank you got it now - no two ASSIGNED Cos.