ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr cancelling application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

testinguk2010
India

Long residence - payslips

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:57 am

Morning Admin,

Many thanks for all your kind assistance. Would you please assist me on this

iam eligible for ILR from June 2020 on 10 years route

> I have a query regarding payslips.

> During this course, the maximum stay i had spent was 110 days outside uk from 13/06/14 to 3/10/2014. i came back to UK on 03/10/14 on a fresh deputation from the same company (same visa, visa valid)
> In my payslip, there is one field called 'Date of Arrival'

For all the payslips beyond 3/10/14till today it showing > Date of arrival = 3/10/2014.
for the payslips priori 3/10/14 -> date of arrival - 01/01/2010

> So if case work sees latest payslip, will the caseworker think I arrived on 2014 based on payslip (date of arrival field showing 2014)
> do i need to state in the cover letter that i went for holiday 110 days and comeback, due to this the date of arrival is in oct 2015.
-> do I need to submit 2010 payselips and 2020 latest payslips to avoid confusion for them?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long residence - payslips

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:07 am

Payslips are NOT required for ilr based on 10 years long residency.

You are only required to list your absence in the from and submit all your passports biometric and stamped pages. Nothing else re absences.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

list of documents - long residenc

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:06 pm

Many thanks for the swift reply and kind assistance. Hatsoff admins

small queries please for the long residence list of documents

1. iam planning to put 3 years tenancy agreement , 2 years bank statement (joint account and council tax 5 years and water bill 3 years(added my wife name). is it suffice to show that cohabitation that my wife and me are residing in the same years for more than 2 years. ?

2. p60 last 2 years,(good to have document), UKnaric, life in Uk, birth certificate, marriage certificate all passports and BRP of mine. where as family(spouse and kids) one latest passport and BRP ..is it fine

3. regarding degree certificate based out in india, is provisional certificate suffice or shall I add convocation certificate (good to have)? am adding UK naric comparability and language assessment anyway

Thanks again for your continuous help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: list of documents - long residenc

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:33 pm

Topics merged. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each question.
1. iam planning to put 3 years tenancy agreement , 2 years bank statement (joint account and council tax 5 years and water bill 3 years(added my wife name). is it suffice to show that cohabitation that my wife and me are residing in the same years for more than 2 years. ?
None of these documents are required for ILR based on Long Residence.
2. p60 last 2 years,(good to have document), UKnaric, life in Uk, birth certificate, marriage certificate all passports and BRP of mine. where as family(spouse and kids) one latest passport and BRP ..is it fine
You ONLY need all YOUR passports, BRP, English and LIUK tests. None of your families documents are required. Are your family also applying for something??
3. regarding degree certificate based out in india, is provisional certificate suffice or shall I add convocation certificate (good to have)? am adding UK naric comparability and language assessment anyway
You need the degree certificate that NARIC assessed.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

testinguk2010
India

Long residence - social tieups

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Hi admin,

Thanks for your time.

for the below tricky question, any suggestions please

do you have any social tieup in your home country where you lived more than 5 years,

can we give answer NO as the relationship or close ties with friends has been lost after coming abroad.

or shall we mention in connect with friends via WhatsApp, facebook

Little bit confused but I feel NO as no active involvement with any social groups, cultural eg: any marriages , functions etc we cannot frequently travel abroad..

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Long residence - social tieups

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 pm

Topics merged again. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each and every question you have on the same application!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:00 pm

do you have any social tieup in your home country where you lived more than 5 years,

can we give answer NO as the relationship or close ties with friends has been lost after coming abroad.
Simply mention if you have any family etc in your home country. It is not a tricky question and has no influence on the outcome.
The question is NOT asking about social media!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:03 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:29 pm
Hi admin,

Thanks for your time.

for the below tricky question, any suggestions please

Little bit confused but I feel NO as no active involvement with any social groups, cultural eg: any marriages , functions etc we cannot frequently travel abroad..

Thanks
This is not a tricky question. It is asking about connection that you have in such places.
So answer it honestly if you have family/relations you still maintain in home country and other countries you have lived for the stated duration.
Not sure about relevance of associations that are maintained via social media can be taken into account though.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Moderator pipped me to it.

testinguk2010
India

English - GESE Grade 5 SELT -CEFR b1 for Indefinite Leave to Remain - Level 1 Grade 5

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:55 pm

I have submitted the payment for long residence SET LR application few days ago
can the english exam written after we submit the payment and applicaiton.?
biometric is yet to be finalized.
iam planned to write on 13th August

is it the correct link for booking english exam for Indefinie leave to remain

it says B1 SELT - GESE grade 5 English - CEFR is it correct

https://www.trinitycollege.com/qualific ... SE-grade-5

https://seltbooking.trinitycollege.co.u ... CenterId=7

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 5:17 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:59 pm
Topics merged again. It is not necessary to start a new topic with each and every question you have on the same application!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... t5722.html
Is anything I posted before unclear about starting a new topic with each question you have??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

testinguk2010
India

Re: English - GESE Grade 5 SELT -CEFR b1 for Indefinite Leave to Remain - Level 1 Grade 5

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:45 pm

oh...sorry am confused. apologies

testinguk2010
India

Re: English - GESE Grade 5 SELT -CEFR b1 for Indefinite Leave to Remain - Level 1 Grade 5

Post by testinguk2010 » Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm

Not sure where to post this section, apologies for starting new topic. I will certianly double check before posting

would you kindly help me on this issue

I have submitted the payment for long residence SET LR application few days ago
still i have to complete english level exam for long residence. biometric is yet to be finalized.
can the english exam written after we submit the payment and applicaiton.?
GESE Grade 5 test

iam planned to write on 13th August and the result will be within 7 days
it means i have time to submit the documents as i haven not get appoitnmnet yet

is it true? it means i can write the exam after payment of the applicaiton

Please clarify

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:01 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:51 pm
You will be okay. Just make sure you submit your documents and biometrics AFTER you have taken your test.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Many thanks
the reason am planning to take cefr b1 englist test is below:

actually i took English assessment in 2017 from Naric and also comparability assesment in 2020 july from Naric . Both sercices i applied separately.

they given Naric 10 digit reference number confirming the english language assessment starts with d4xxxxxxxx

1. English assesment : 'The level of English language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level c1''.

2. Comparability :i have applied separately in July for the uk comparability test also and they issue me the certificate
UK naric reference number - 4xxxxxx (referring to 2017 english assment same number)
country of qualifiction
award :
Uk framework levels :

But i applied spearately these 2 certificates(blue route), Uk reference is same .

when i checked with my friend he applied via red route for UK Visa and national service which is full different format though the content is fine. For him the uk narif reference starts with Vxxxxxx.

Just to be safer side, i have decided to apply in red route this time in UK naric-> apply visa and nationality service for the same english assesment or write the exam grde 5 cefr....both takes 7 to 10 working days to arrive

as i already did the payment, and not yet upload the documents in ukvcas, i beleive i can upload the documents in ukvcas after 10 days once i receive UK visa national service english assesemnt or CEFR b level1.

Kindly advise me is this fine?
am just worrying as payment already done...

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Your application will not be considered until your biometrics are done. Plus HO can not process the application without the documents.
Dont worry. Just get the approved B1 SELT done and upload with your documents before your biometrics/submitting your documents via UKVCAS/IDV app whatever your circumstance is.
Given the current environment, any delays will not be penalised anyways.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:00 am

Many thanks,

I have to withrdraw the application made on 7th august 2020.
1. I have visa till april 2021. it means i can cancel the visa. i can stay in uk till my visa expires ie on march 20201 , i hope before expries i should put the application anytime beofre ??

2. is it the correct link
https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa

3. how many days i will get refund

3. can i put the fresh application immediately after 1 week or wait for refund and then apply

4. do i need to mention the reason for withdrawing, in that case can i mention due to mistakes int he application?
5. will i get confirmation mail that the applciation is successfully canceled immeiately after i cancel
6. can you please give home office contact number

Many thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:24 am

testinguk2010 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:00 am
Many thanks,

1. I have visa till april 2021. it means i can cancel the visa. i can stay in uk till my visa expires ie on march 20201 , i hope before expries i should put the application anytime beofre ?? Yes, your wrote that your existing leave is valid till 2021

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa Yes

3. how many days i will get refund- 6 wks or thereabout.

3. can i put the fresh application immediately after 1 week or wait for refund and then apply Yes, ensure all requirement are met.

4. do i need to mention the reason for withdrawing, in that case can i mention due to mistakes int he application? Can not recall the details, form will guide you answer honestly if questioned.
5. will i get confirmation mail that the applciation is successfully canceled immeiately after i cancel

Many thanks
As stated by other, except if you consider the errors grave, a cover letter could get it sorted.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:48 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:00 am
Many thanks,

1. I have visa till april 2021. it means i can cancel the visa. i can stay in uk till my visa expires ie on march 20201 , i hope before expries i should put the application anytime beofre ??

3. how many days i will get refund

3. can i put the fresh application immediately after 1 week or wait for refund and then apply

4. do i need to mention the reason for withdrawing, in that case can i mention due to mistakes int he application?

Many thanks
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. No timeline but pre-lockdown was 4 weeks
4. Yes only if asked so
5. Not necessarily
6. Nobody know that
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm

Hi,

i have submitted uk visa for set LR on august 7th 2020. I decided to cancel the application.
i used the below link

in the last page of the declaration page before submit , it says few bullet points out of which one point says
I understand
if i withdraw an application, the fee will not be refunded

is it a standard template (may be for those who already attended biometrics..but its not added there in delcaration). ..am not sure

Kindly let me know your valuable thoughts.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:11 pm

Dear Admins

Kindly help me on the query
Many thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Ilr cancelling application

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:31 pm

1. Please do not tag your questions onto other members topics. Posts split and merged with your own topic.

2. Why are you posting under two username?? This is strictly NOT permitted on the forum!!

https://www.immigrationboards.com/member/yskvtest/

https://www.immigrationboards.com/annou ... 11811.html
Administrator wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:46 pm

This is forbidden activity.

You may have one member ID here and only one. We make exceptions only under specific cases, and only when we can monitor all such activity.

Members activating and/or posting from multiple ID's (without specific, written previous arrangements) will be banned from the forum.

The Admin
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:21 pm

testinguk2010 wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:26 pm
Hi,

i have submitted uk visa for set LR on august 7th 2020. I decided to cancel the application.
i used the below link

in the last page of the declaration page before submit , it says few bullet points out of which one point says
I understand
if i withdraw an application, the fee will not be refunded

is it a standard template (may be for those who already attended biometrics..but its not added there in delcaration). ..am not sure

Kindly let me know your valuable thoughts.
Seems a generic template.
You can only get your fee refunded if you have not already given your biometric information.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:32 pm

Why do you want to withdraw?
Post by Zimba » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:29 pm

Your ILR eligibility is based on evidence and docs provided NOT solely the answers on the form. So the answer becomes irrelevant as long as you provide the evidence that you have done your LIUK before a decision is made. I repeat here that you must submit your application in anyway possible and then provide explanation and evidence when uploading your documents later when you got your LIUK pass.
Caseworker will consider the evidence and ignores the answer on the form :!: :!: :!:
https://www.immigrationboards.com/indef ... 50-20.html

Maybe the above link will give you more perspective to make an informed decision.

As long as you provide the evidence before biometrics you will be okay.

testinguk2010
India

Post by testinguk2010 » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:30 pm

Thanks admin, much appreciated your kind replies

For the fresh application iam posting for SetLR, i have a small dubt for the below question

Are you part of any social group or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?

as per my current status, i planned to write like below, please let me know is it correct way of expressing or do i need to mention differently

i dont have any social groups, i didn't get a chance to spend in the cultural ties outside of UK since i have been in UK for 10 years. completely occupied with 3 children and wife. Also professional work in IT makes me complete busy.