ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Insurance for parents visiting from India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tulipz
Mood:

Insurance for parents visiting from India

Post by tulipz » Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:47 am

All travel insurance price comparison sites in India have insurance cover of $100k max! Why so low??? What kind of cover do you get for your parents ? Did anyone here actually USE their insurance?

I know advertising is banned, if you have any specific recommendations, please could you kindly PM me?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Insurance for parents visiting from India

Post by Zerubbabel » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:48 am

Hi

I often take medical insurances for my guests from abroad. There are plenty of comparison websites where you just enter your details once and you get dozens of offers to pick up from. Typical cost is around £20 per policy.

I never had to use an insurance.

Read the fine print. Many may have exclusions. Often, these insurances are for accidents or unforeseen health issues that happen while travelling. They won't cover a trip in order to get a treatment for a chronic disease, a surgery or anything related to a pre-existing medical condition.

Xterra
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by Xterra » Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 am

One more thing to consider, many insurers do not provide cover relating to covid19.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 14, 2020 11:22 am

Xterra wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:08 am
many insurers
Nearly all
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:51 pm

That’s surprising! Are you both sure its for Indian citizens travelling to UK on visitor Visa???

Please could you PM me the sites you use?

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:44 am

Bumping this up. Guys can you help me please ?

I checked the price comparision sites - they all mention being a UK resident as a condition. Is there anything I'm missing?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 am

Search on: GoCompare and Comparethemarket. You can fill a form there and they will show you insurance offers.

However, there are no travel insurance that covers you against Covid or if you are seeking to come to have an NHS treatment.

They cover only accidents/illnesses that occur during a trip and the list of exclusions is usually massive.

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:20 am

OK, just for clarification, Go compare and other comparision sites are only for UK residents. Its clearly mentioned in their terms. If anyone takes a £20 insurance for visitors, ignoring their terms, it wont be valid.

@Zerubbabel if you've been buying £20 insurance from UK price comparision sites for your non EEA guests, they had NO insurance all that time. I've been getting proper insurance for mine from India (costing around INR 35k per person). My guests we far less likely to use the NHS than yours!

To be clear, I understand most insurance companies exclude Covid cover. Also, please keep your preaching/random accusations to yourself. The very fact that I'm looking for a PROPER insurance cover proves they are NOT looking to use the NHS. Get a life.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:37 am

tulipz wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:20 am
OK, just for clarification, Go compare and other comparision sites are only for UK residents. Its clearly mentioned in their terms. If anyone takes a £20 insurance for visitors, ignoring their terms, it wont be valid.

@Zerubbabel if you've been buying £20 insurance from UK price comparision sites for your non EEA guests, they had NO insurance all that time. I've been getting proper insurance for mine from India (costing around INR 35k per person). My guests we far less likely to use the NHS than yours!

To be clear, I understand most insurance companies exclude Covid cover. Also, please keep your preaching/random accusations to yourself. The very fact that I'm looking for a PROPER insurance cover proves they are NOT looking to use the NHS. Get a life.
Except if you got some issues with each other before, there is no reason for the above highlighted. Can take as only giving detailed information that he knows. Exercise some restraints and decorum in the interest of all forum members.

tulipz
Mood:

Post by tulipz » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:44 am

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:05 am
Search on: GoCompare and Comparethemarket. You can fill a form there and they will show you insurance offers.

However, there are no travel insurance that covers you against Covid or if you are seeking to come to have an NHS treatment.

They cover only accidents/illnesses that occur during a trip and the list of exclusions is usually massive.
@AmazonianX you don't seem to have any issues with this!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:11 am

@ user 'tulipz' - I suggest you re-read the forum rules about posting with respect towards members who are contributing voluntarily to posts. The users who contributed in this topic are only stating facts. If you don't like the message, don't shoot the messenger.

Members cannot name companies on the forum and also don't know the personal/health circumstances of your parents. I suggest you try to find a provider that is suitable based on your parents needs. No one on the forum can help you with this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.