ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa ILR on SET(M)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

psb1504
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa ILR on SET(M)

Post by psb1504 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm

Good day everyone,

I apologise if I posted this in a wrong topic. Admin please move it relevant topic please?

“I’ll apply for ILR (SET M) through spouse visa route soon.
Dates on payslips different than the date money goes in bank. Everything is legit, its just the way employer does it, issue payslips 6 days before to make sure hours etc are correct and than pay after 6 days.

Record with HMRC is as per date on payslips (6 days before actual pay date. Will it be an issue presenting these payslips to Home Office or should I get covering letter from employer?”

Really appreciate the way you help everyone in the group.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa ILR on SET(M)

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:31 pm

I apologise if I posted this in a wrong topic. Admin please move it relevant topic please?
Please do not tag your questions on to other members topics.
Dates on payslips different than the date money goes in bank. Everything is legit, its just the way employer does it, issue payslips 6 days before to make sure hours etc are correct and than pay after 6 days.

Record with HMRC is as per date on payslips (6 days before actual pay date. Will it be an issue presenting these payslips to Home Office or should I get covering letter from employer?”
No issue.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:35 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:18 pm
Good day everyone,

It will not be a problem. There is a general understanding of what you outlined i.e. that wages accounts are prepared before remittances are made into the employee accounts and even after authorization of remittance may take some days to go through the financial system to individual employee accounts. Importance is attached to the accuracy of figures or each component stated on the payslips and corresponds to what record is held by HMRC.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:56 pm

Sorry, actually posted for first time so wasn’t sure.

Thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

quote=CR001 post_id=1924630 time=1597588303 user_id=70994]
Please do not tag your questions on to other members topics.

No issue.
[/quote]

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm

Thank you so much for your valuable input. Employer will provide reference letter & confirm my income paid to me in last six months.
AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 2:35 pm
psb1504 wrote:
Good day everyone,

It will not be a problem. There is a general understanding of what you outlined i.e. that wages accounts are prepared before remittances are made into the employee accounts and even after authorization of remittance may take some days to go through the financial system to individual employee accounts. Importance is attached to the accuracy of figures or each component stated on the payslips and corresponds to what record is held by HMRC.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:56 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm
Thank you so much for your valuable input. Employer will provide reference letter & confirm my income paid to me in last six months.
AmazonianX wrote:
psb1504 wrote:
Good day everyone,

Do note that the letter from employer should meet or state all that is required not just income details.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Would following suffice the requirement?

Employer Reference will state following details.
Full Name
Date of birth
Current address
Passport number
NI number
Employee number
Employment start date etc.

Earning statement in form of letter will state:
Full Name
Date of birth
Account where money paid into
Pay process date
Pay date
Gross pay
Income tax deduction
NI deduction
Net pay
Payment reference.

Please share your feedback whether should we include anything else? Or I’ll appreciate some kind of format?

Kind Regards

AmazonianX wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:56 pm
psb1504 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 6:40 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
psb1504 wrote:
Good day everyone,

Do note that the letter from employer should meet or state all that is required not just income details.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Full Name
Date of birth
Current address
Passport number
NI number
Employee number

Full Name
Date of birth
Pay process date
Pay date
Gross pay
Income tax deduction
NI deduction
Net pay
Payment reference.

Please share your feedback whether should we include anything else? Or I’ll appreciate some kind of format?

Kind RRegards
You need employer letter instead reference letter. See below:

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
• the person's employment and gross annual salary
• the length of their employment
• the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied
upon in the application
• the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency)
• Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips
at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the
name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly
• where the person is either a director or employee (or both) of a limited
company based in the UK, evidence that the company is not a type specified in
paragraph 9(a). This can include the latest Annual Return filed at Companies
House
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:27 pm

Thanks. If I just send employer letter and earning statement in which all income breakdown for past six months. And not send payslips? It will be okay.

I had done that in one of my previous applications.

seagul wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 pm
psb1504 wrote:

Full Name
Date of birth
Current address
Passport number
NI number
Employee number

Full Name
Date of birth
Pay process date
Pay date
Gross pay
Income tax deduction
NI deduction
Net pay
Payment reference.

Kind RRegards

A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:
upon in the application
House

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:01 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:27 pm
Thanks. If I just send employer letter and earning statement in which all income breakdown for past six months. And not send payslips? It will be okay.

You might have scaled through before without it but will recommend that you include payslips for the present application.

seagul wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 pm
psb1504 wrote:

Full Name
Date of birth
Current address
Passport number
NI number
Employee number

Full Name
Date of birth
Pay process date
Pay date
Gross pay
Income tax deduction
NI deduction
Net pay
Payment reference.

Kind RRegards

upon in the application
House

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 pm

psb1504 wrote:

Not sure as how it was accepted previously but without payslips the criteria won't be met.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:06 am

Ok thanks, will send payslips as well. I have a question about payslips if anyone can clarify please? Is employer able to issue revised payslips for previous months with correct details if there were any mistakes in the payslips.? Like tax code, address or pay date were not correct on the payslips? No changes in the wages.

seagul wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:26 pm
psb1504 wrote:

Not sure as how it was accepted previously but without payslips the criteria won't be met.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:06 am
? Is employer able to issue revised payslips for previous months with correct details if there were any mistakes in the payslips.? Like tax code, address or pay date were not correct on the payslips? No changes in the wages.
Yes whilst updating to HMRC. Once a moon discrepancies can be pardoned in contrast of repetitive/major ones.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. Can you suggest better wording than below which employer can use in 'Employment Letter' or below is okay? Employer can use as per my request.

Much appreciated.

"I can confirm that the electronic payslips issued to him via email are correct and his wages for each month over the past six months of employment are attached on separate sheet. We run payroll on 06th of every month and pay his wages into his nominated (NatWest) account on 12th of each month"

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm
psb1504 wrote:
? Is employer able to issue revised payslips for previous months with correct details if there were any mistakes in the payslips.? Like tax code, address or pay date were not correct on the payslips? No changes in the wages.
Yes whilst updating to HMRC. Once a moon discrepancies can be pardoned in contrast of repetitive/major ones.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:03 am

There is no set template for it.
What is written is OK and can include for the sake of formality that if there is need for any clarification, HO should contact the company and where there is a known person who can attend to that particular query give the name and number of such person.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:19 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:32 pm
Thanks for your reply. Can you suggest better wording than below which employer can use in 'Employment Letter' or below is okay? Employer can use as per my request.

Much appreciated.

"I can confirm that the electronic payslips issued to him via email are correct and his wages for each month over the past six months of employment are attached on separate sheet. We run payroll on 06th of every month and pay his wages into his nominated (NatWest) account on 12th of each month"

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:13 pm
psb1504 wrote:
Yes its fine to confirm the authenticity of payslips

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:21 pm

Thank you all very much for your responses, really appreciate it.

I have one more question if you, anyone can shed some light on this please.

As we are applying for SET(M) now, system generated a list of documents which includes Employer Letter, and it says employer should state gross annual income while I am NON-SALARIED, hourly paid employee. How would employer can state a certain figure for hourly rate employees?

KR

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:43 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 9:21 pm
Thank you all very much for your responses, really appreciate it.

I have one more question if you, anyone can shed some light on this please.

As we are applying for SET(M) now, system generated a list of documents which includes Employer Letter, and it says employer should state gross annual income while I am NON-SALARIED, hourly paid employee. How would employer can state a certain figure for hourly rate employees?

KR
Interesting question, where almost every employer starts feeling conniption when are being approached to confirm the employment income due to their misconception as if they are going to give any new contract/guarantee despite that isn't correct at all. If that is the case, then simply ask them to provide the total of your 12 months income without guaranteeing anything.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have an idea. What if I ask them to write following on the letter, its a home office formula for NON-SALARIED employees as we all know.

“Mr. PSB’s Gross Annual Income for year 2020 – 2021 will be around £25,741.44. As he is hourly paid we have calculated his annual income by considering his total gross income from last 6 month period, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12. (i.e. 12870.72 / 6 = 2145.12 x 12 = 25,741.44)”

What do you think?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:45 am

psb1504 wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:13 pm
Thanks for your reply. I have an idea. What if I ask them to write following on the letter, its a home office formula for NON-SALARIED employees as we all know.

“Mr. PSB’s Gross Annual Income for year 2020 – 2021 will be around £25,741.44. As he is hourly paid we have calculated his annual income by considering his total gross income from last 6 month period, divided by 6 and multiplied by 12. (i.e. 12870.72 / 6 = 2145.12 x 12 = 25,741.44)”

What do you think?
If they get this done for you on the employer letter then will even make your calculations more enlivened through simplification.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am

Or if employer doesn’t agree with it. I can ask them to write an estimated income which they had done in the past. So if according to Home Office formula gross annual salary is £25,741.44 and if Employer writes approx £26,000. Do you think it will be acceptable or should these figure match?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:29 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:37 am
Or if employer doesn’t agree with it. I can ask them to write an estimated income which they had done in the past. So if according to Home Office formula gross annual salary is £25,741.44 and if Employer writes approx £26,000. Do you think it will be acceptable or should these figure match?
In that case, simply request them to mention in the same employer letter that doing so will be against their manifesto. And, the same you can also re-echo in your covering letter too.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:38 pm

Employer has agreed to use this formula in the letter :) Thanks for your input. Already applied online now waiting for biometric appointment. Should I upload and submit all supporting documents now or wait for the appointment?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:51 pm

psb1504 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:38 pm
Employer has agreed to use this formula in the letter :) Thanks for your input. Already applied online now waiting for biometric appointment. Should I upload and submit all supporting documents now or wait for the appointment?
Uploading yourself puts you in charge of what is uploaded, waiting and doing it at appointment will require you paying, and they can limit/cap documents they upload for you and can not be held liable if application is not successful due to missing docs.

psb1504
Newly Registered

Post by psb1504 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Does any valueable members / moderators have any idea about timeline of SET (M) these days?