ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FBR document return

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SarahBurns
Newly Registered

FBR document return

Post by SarahBurns » Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:41 pm

I applied last October. Whilst I understand applications are taking 18 months and the office is temporarily closed. I am concerned about all my documents. They have had them for nearly a year. Is that usual? I expected them to be copied and returned shortly after the application was received. Thanks

DanaMarie
Ireland

Re: FBR document return

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:56 pm

They will retain your documents until you have been added to the FBR (or your application is rejected). So yes, these days it's very common for documents to be held for longer than 12 months. And then you'll have to send them off again for your passport application and just as a heads up, your documents are then held for 4 weeks after your passport has been delivered to you. It's definitely not the most convenient process but the end justifies the means!

tjtoner
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tjtoner » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:21 am

I wonder if anyone else is in this situation. I got notified of my citizenship via descent through the foreign births register on October 20th, 2020. I was told my documents and my certificate of citizenship (which I need to apply for my passport) would be coming to me via registered An post. I never received a tracking number. Then on October 23rd Ireland went into lockdown and the FBR stopped processing applications. Has anyone out there received a tracking number when their certificate and documents were sent out? I have no way of knowing without one if they are on the way to me or if I have to wait until the lockdown is over before they're even sent out. I tried contacting FBR but they are all working from home with limited access to applications on the site. Thanks

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:49 pm

tjtoner wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:21 am
I wonder if anyone else is in this situation. I got notified of my citizenship via descent through the foreign births register on October 20th, 2020. I was told my documents and my certificate of citizenship (which I need to apply for my passport) would be coming to me via registered An post. I never received a tracking number. Then on October 23rd Ireland went into lockdown and the FBR stopped processing applications. Has anyone out there received a tracking number when their certificate and documents were sent out? I have no way of knowing without one if they are on the way to me or if I have to wait until the lockdown is over before they're even sent out. I tried contacting FBR but they are all working from home with limited access to applications on the site. Thanks
First of all, congratulations! You might want to check out the larger FBR thread. In my case I received the congratulations email but no tracking number was provided. I emailed them a few days later and asked for it. Even under normal circumstances it can take up to a month to have your certificate in hand, it took mine about 3.5 weeks last year.

littlerr
Respected Guru
China

Post by littlerr » Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:56 pm

Non-urgent queries will not be processed at this stage. This morning the government has said that the COVID-19 cases in Dublin have not dropped significantly enough since Dublin went into Level 3, so it is very unlikely that any non-urgent operations will proceed.

No tracking number will be provided to you, although you might be able to ask for one if you are really that interested. Also, as Dana mentioned, it could take up to 4 weeks to receive a certificate in normal circumstances.

You can start your Irish passport application if you are that eager. Depending on where you live, you may need to apply online or get a paper application from the embassy, and you will need your documents certified by different people. You can get all of that done first. Once your certificate arrives, you will be able to submit or post your application right away.

tjtoner
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tjtoner » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:42 am

Good morning and thank you for the reply.

I actually got my documents today! I guess the fact that I didn't get a tracking number threw me off but after all, I just needed to be patient. Thank you for the good information!

tjtoner
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by tjtoner » Wed Nov 04, 2020 10:44 am

DanaMarie wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:49 pm
tjtoner wrote:
Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:21 am
First of all, congratulations! You might want to check out the larger FBR thread. In my case I received the congratulations email but no tracking number was provided. I emailed them a few days later and asked for it. Even under normal circumstances it can take up to a month to have your certificate in hand, it took mine about 3.5 weeks last year.
Thank you so much for your reply and I actually got my documents yesterday! I should have been more patient, after all. I think the fact that no tracking number was provided threw me off but here I am now, ready to apply for my passport. Have a great day and thanks again!

FlyingMum

Post by FlyingMum » Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:41 pm

Email received on 19 October:

‘Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.‘

Two things; I assume this is a ‘yes’ and is the documentation returned in the same package as the certificate? I’ve heard nothing since this email and am now assuming it might not have been even posted as Ireland went back into lockdown two days after I received this message? I’m not complaining - just a bit puzzled.

DanaMarie
Ireland

Post by DanaMarie » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:57 pm

FlyingMum wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 1:41 pm
Email received on 19 October:

‘Your application for entry into the Foreign Births Register will be approved shortly and a Foreign Birth Registration Certificate and your original documents will be returned to you by registered post, which will require a signature on delivery.‘

Two things; I assume this is a ‘yes’ and is the documentation returned in the same package as the certificate? I’ve heard nothing since this email and am now assuming it might not have been even posted as Ireland went back into lockdown two days after I received this message? I’m not complaining - just a bit puzzled.
Correct, that is a yes. Congratulations! It does take at least 2-4 weeks under normal circumstances for your certificate and supporting docs (yes they are all in the same package) to be mailed out. You can try replying to that email and asking for a tracking number. I believe that inbox is still being monitored. Someone else on the larger FBR thread received their email on the same day you did and they have not gotten their documents yet either.

FlyingMum

Post by FlyingMum » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:10 pm

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated. :D

FlyingMum

Post by FlyingMum » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:45 pm

Just wanted to see if anyone else had received their documentation back yet? Still waiting for mine following the email confirming FBR on 19/10. I’m assuming it’s because of the continuing lockdown, not that they have got lost in the post! :?