ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

edit/modify FLR online application form before submission

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mobidark
Newly Registered

FLR - Financial requirement impacted by Covid furlough salary

Post by Mobidark » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:18 pm

My wife’s and daughter’s visas expire on 20 November 2020 but they will have been in the UK for 30 months on 2 September 2020. (arrived 2 March 20108).

Up to the time of the lockdown, we would have met the financial requirement of £22,400 for wife and daughter.

My UK state pension is £10,445 and my wife’s salary was increased to £11,998 per annum as at 1st April 2020 and I have a letter from her employer confirming this.

So, with a combined income of £22,443, we just qualify.

My wife was put on furlough leave from the 1st April 2020, and was paid 100% of her salary for April and May, but for June it was reduced to 90% and this will also be the case for July. I believe she will be OK for August as her employer has advised they will be adding her holiday entitlement at the full rate to her August payroll.

My wife works as a domestic assistant for a public school, and the school has stated that they will reopen as usual at the end of August which will mean my wife should receive the full rate from September and onwards.

So, if I submit her FLR visa application in late Sept/early Oct, her 6 months’ payslips counting back will not show her earning the full annualised amount of £11,998, as stated in her contract.

I have letters from her employer explaining the 90% furlough rate for June and July, and I would like to know if the Home Office will take a view on this and accept that her earnings going forward will be £11,998 per annum?

Thank you for any advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR - Financial requirement impacted by Covid furlough salary

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:39 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus ... -residents
Changes to the minimum income and adequate maintenance requirement
If you’ve experienced a loss of income due to coronavirus, we will consider employment income for the period immediately before the loss of income due to coronavirus, provided the requirement was met for at least 6 months up to March 2020.

If your salary has reduced because you’re furloughed, we will take account of your income as though you’re earning 100% of your salary.

If you’re self-employed, a loss of annual income due to coronavirus between 1 March 2020 and 31 July 2020 will generally be disregarded, along with the impact on employment income from the same period for future applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mobidark
Newly Registered

Re: FLR - Financial requirement impacted by Covid furlough salary

Post by Mobidark » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:45 pm

Many thanks - that answers my question.

Mobidark
Newly Registered

Translated documents for FLR

Post by Mobidark » Wed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 am

I am preparing the documents to support my wife and step-daughter’s application for further leave to remain.

When we submitted our original applications for settlement in Thailand, we had to submit various marriage and divorce documents that were translated into English and stamped and signed by the translation company.

I now find that I only have a photocopy of one of the translated documents we used in Thailand, in other words, the translator’s signature and stamp is a copy – not the original signature. (I do have all the original Thai documents)

Will this photocopy be acceptable, or do I need to have it translated again?

I also have another divorce document which is needed for my FLR application here but was not needed in Thailand, so this one must be translated here. Is there any special requirements for the translator to be certified as a bona fide translator or will any translator suffice?

Thank you in advance for any advice on this.

Mobidark
Newly Registered

Re: Translated documents for FLR

Post by Mobidark » Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:00 pm

No answers for this?

geoeng
Canada

Re: Translated documents for FLR

Post by geoeng » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:26 am

Mobidark wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:00 pm
No answers for this?
The requirements for these documents and translations are detailed in Appendix FM-SE of the immigration ruled, the link to which is provided below.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

For FLR applications, documents will be scanned and uploaded online, the originals are not submitted.
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Mobidark
Newly Registered

edit/modify FLR online application form before submission

Post by Mobidark » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

I have been completing the Family Visa Online applictaion form for FLR, and have saved the form several times to 'come back to later'. I have no problems returning to the form online, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to amend or modify some of the answers.

I CAN edit Section 2 Application, and Section 3 Finance

but I CANNOT edit Section 1 Start, and Section 4 Documents (The top part, "Would your children be affected..etc. the rest is documents required that are generated from previous answers.)

Is there any way to edit these sections or do I have to start all over with a new form?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks

TODMATT
Diamond Member

Re: edit/modify FLR online application form before submission

Post by TODMATT » Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:05 pm

Mobidark wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm
I have been completing the Family Visa Online applictaion form for FLR, and have saved the form several times to 'come back to later'. I have no problems returning to the form online, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to amend or modify some of the answers.

but I CANNOT edit Section 1 Start, and Section 4 Documents (The top part, "Would your children be affected..etc. the rest is documents required that are generated from previous answers.)

Is there any way to edit these sections or do I have to start all over with a new form?

Thanks
If you have not paid for ihs and the application, no harm in starting again.
My opinions should not be constituted as an immigration or legal advice.

bathanza

Post by bathanza » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:55 am

Mobidark wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 2:00 pm

Thanks
yes you can amend. Use the top links in each section and navigate to the section you need to update, you should see "edit answers", it'll only allow you to update per block. Weird system, I know

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

Mobidark
Newly Registered

Post by Mobidark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:36 am

Thanks for that.

Unfortunately, as I stated in my post, I CAN edit the top headings "Application" and "Finance" but I CANNOT edit the top headings "Start" and "Documents"

It may be that I went to far on the form completion.

Anyway, I have started a new application and will be careful not to go to far if I want to edit later.