ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Flr-m biometrics

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Stef2345
Newly Registered

Flr-m biometrics

Post by Stef2345 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:26 pm

Hi there, my wife is applying for flr-m soon after 2.5 years of being here (within 28 days of the expiry date. My question is about the biometrics. She came here on a fiancé visa, and we applied for the first flr-m extension in person at Croydon and they took her finger prints and photo etc. My question is, will we need to go to Croydon again since they should already have them on the system?

And just to clarify, the order process is now:
1. Fill out and submit application online and pay IHS
2. Submit documents either by uploading at home or have them scanned by the relevant document center?

I appreciate your help. :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Flr-m biometrics

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:31 pm

My question is, will we need to go to Croydon again since they should already have them on the system?
The system changed in November 2018. You no longer make appointments at the ukvi PSC centres.
And just to clarify, the order process is now:
1. Fill out and submit application online and pay IHS
2. Submit documents either by uploading at home or have them scanned by the relevant document center?
1. Yes.

2. Yes. UKCVAS charge extra for scanning as far as I understand. Members have also reported not all Doc's being scanned by ukcvas causing delays with their decisions and processing.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

geoeng
Canada

Post by geoeng » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Stef2345 wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:26 pm
My question is, will we need to go to Croydon again since they should already have them on the system?
Due to the current situation, some people are being contacted by UKVCAS (the third-party partner of UKVI for application services) to re-use existing biometrics. For those not considered eligible for biometric re-use, attendance at a centre would be necessary though there are several across the country. Additional details at the page below.

https://www.ukvcas.co.uk/home-internal
I'm just a guy on the Internet who immigrated to the UK. My opinions are based on my experience and interpretation of the immigration rules and should not be considered legal or immigration advice; your mileage may vary.

Stef2345
Newly Registered

Post by Stef2345 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:17 pm

Thankyou for your replies, that’s very helpful. So we will proceed with the application and unless advised by ukcvas, we will still need to do biometrics etc. I’m assuming all this will become obvious once the application has been submitted.

Is there a time limit from application submission to document submission? Indeed, this will be done as quickly as possible within reason. I understand making sure the application is in before visa expiration is crucial.

Thanks again for the help! I used a lawyer for the last 2 visas so just want to be extra sure!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 1:23 pm

Thankyou for your replies, that’s very helpful. So we will proceed with the application and unless advised by ukcvas, we will still need to do biometrics etc. I’m assuming all this will become obvious once the application has been submitted.

You will be advised by UKCVAS whether you need to enroll biometrics OR if you are eligible for biometric reuse. You will be notified by email. Make sure you keep an eye on your junk mail folder.
Is there a time limit from application submission to document submission? Indeed, this will be done as quickly as possible within reason. I understand making sure the application is in before visa expiration is crucial.
There is usually, around 45 working days, but due to the backlog and delays, no one will be penalised if it takes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.